Approximate Purchase Date: In the next few days

Budget Range: $800-$950

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg/amazon

Parts Preferences: preferably intel

Overclocking: maybe

SLI or Crossfire: In the next few months definitely

Hello all, thank you for reading my post and help is appreciated in advance. As you can see i basically need the whole package, right now I would like to be able to play games like bf3 and skyrim at around medium settings. The thing is im a pretty big noob at this and am not sure in the slightest at a good setup. I do know I dont want an ssd but also I would like to be able to run triple monitor/dual GPUs in the future if it would be possible on your suggested setup. As i said early any help is definitely needed/appreciated and also if i dont reply tonight i hope you have a nice evening :).
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about first build help advice
  1. Best answer
    My suggestion :

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU:  Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($188.79 @ Amazon) 
    Motherboard:  ASRock H77M Micro ATX  LGA1155 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
    Memory:  Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($42.98 @ Amazon) 
    Storage:  Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
    Video Card:  PNY GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Video Card  ($239.99 @ Newegg) 
    Case:  Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
    Power Supply:  Rosewill Hive 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
    Optical Drive:  Samsung SH-224BB/RSBS DVD/CD Writer  ($17.99 @ Newegg) 
    Monitor:  Acer G236HLBbd 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
    Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ Outlet PC) 
    Total: $919.68
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

Includes an i5+660 ti, a ledbacklit monitor 23" and os.
    If you want amd cards, and want to lower the price down, get the 7870, this like this one for e.g. : http://pcpartpicker.com/part/his-video-card-h787q2g2m
  2. Alright thanks for the reply dj i'll give your setup a whirl. One last question would this setup allow me to add maybe another 660 ti in the future or would i have to redo my system to do that? thanks and have a nice night. :)
  3. Best answer selected by 95lee95.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product