Sign in with
Your question

Four 6 pin to One 6 and 8 Pin

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 10, 2012 7:37:21 PM

I currently have two Ati 5870's at 1GB each in my case each powered by two 6 pin connectors for a total of four 6 pin connectors. I am going to a single EVGA GTX680 4GB which requires one 8 pin and one 6 pin connection. Is it ok to use the included two 6 pin to one 8 pin adapter and one of the other two 6 pin connectors and then leave the other one dangle in the case unconnected? Any downfall to doing this? Should I try something else?

More about : pin pin

a c 133 U Graphics card
December 10, 2012 7:44:23 PM

The graphics card that you are buying should include adapters with 6+2 connections if your power supply doesn't supply those connections. My GTX670 included them. Only downfall is your power supply doesn't have them if thats the cause. What is your current setup including your power supply if you don't mind me asking.
m
l
a c 133 U Graphics card
December 10, 2012 8:32:12 PM

Right and the reasoning behind that is that you only have one power connection that is 6+2 the other is a standard 6 so you should be good. If you look close. Also you may want to check out newegg for that card its free on shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The reason I was trying to figure out your power supply was because of the amps on the 12 volt but with a 1000W or 1200W PSU I'd guess you would be just fine :) 
m
l
Related resources
!