AMD Radeon HD 7480D Upgrade

TStever

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
I recently built a new PC using the AMD A4-5300 Trinity 3.4GHz with the built in AMD Radeon HD 7480D. Although I am happy with the GPU I do at some point want to upgrade eventually. My question is A) How would I benefit from doing a crossfire with the small list of video cards that will cross with this onboard GPU (least I remember reading I can crossfire it)? And B) If I went another route and just did a stand alone video card would I run into any conflict with the GPU that is built into the chip?

Edit: Since I am posting I might as well add this question as well. Is there any way to dedicate more memory to my GPU?

Exodius

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012

i have the same problem!!!! i really need to know asap. i want to cross fire but i have no clue how to nor do i know which cards are compatible with my apu. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

mohit9206

Distinguished
ok so as far i i know only the amd radeon hd 6450 can be crossfired with the A4 trinity.
but i would not recommend doing so as the performance increase will not be satisfactory. i suggest you guys just buy a discrete graphics card like amd radeon 6670 or 7750 or 7770 depending on your budget and disable the onboard graphics altogether. this would give you much more performance than what the crossfire would give you and crossfire is not supported by many games either so its best to just get a separate graphics card like 7750

Exodius

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
thank you for the quick response.
so if i cross fire,it wont be available for every game?
if it is available,will the performance be worth the 50 dollars i spend on the gpu?

gpetric

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013
I want to add on this topic.... I have AMD a4 5300 (trinity apu), MSI A75 mbo with 8gb 1600mhz ddr3, i just bought HD 6870 graphic card...
Gaming is good, i run GTA IV $ BF bad company 2 on highest resolution, but i am not very happy with fps, fraps shows around 22-31, and when i try to record it drops to 15 :/
Even when i paly bfbc2 on 720p the framerates are the same!

Is my cpu really so weak? That cant be right :/ 3.4/3.6 ghz dual core 1mb L1/L2 cache, what else should i do? The best cpu i can get on FM2 is Athlon 750/760k and i dont think it is much greater than what i have, but i'm not an expert, im just wondering coz my friend say he runs bf3 on 90fps with that card, i think he said he has some older AMD cpu...