Sign in with
Your question

You should really help me out please.

Last response: in Systems
January 26, 2013 3:05:02 AM

So i am getting ready to buy a tower (feb. 15th) from iBUYPOWER (ik, ik it'll be cheaper to build my own, but due to the way i am purchasing this i can only use IBP) and just looking for some advise on what to get/not get and if i need this or that for what i am wanting to do.

What I will be using this for is, u guessed it, gaming (Skyrim, EDSO, Dark Souls, WoW, and for now LoL)

Firstly and mainly, this whole Liquid Cooling stuff, id rather not have it just becuase it seems like a pain in the ass (espcailly if you dont know anything about it) to upkeep and monitor, based on my build, i would like to know if i can just stick to fans.

2ndly, is any of the stuff listed useless addon's that IBP is trying to make it sound like I need, but in reality I dont.

Lastly, sorry about this, i dont know anything about anything when it comes to the nuts and bolts of pc gaming, just how to click and kill so thanks or your help.

HERE IT IS:

Case - NZXT Phantom 410 Gaming Case-Black
Processor - Intel® Core™ i5-3570K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/6MB L3 Cache)-Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard - ASRock Z77 Extreme4 -- 2x PCI-E 3.0 x16, 4x USB 3.0
Memory - 8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module-G.Skill Ripjaws X
Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 - 2GB - EVGA Superclocked - Core: 1046MHz-Single Card
Case Lighting - Cold Cathode Neon Light-Red
Power Supply - 650 Watt -- NZXT HALE82N-SI / 80+ Bronze
Processor Cooling - Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink
Primary Hard Drive - 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s-Single Drive
Optical Drive - 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive-Black
Sound Card - 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
Network Card - Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
Keyboard - Logitech G110 Gaming Keyboard
Operating System - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium -64-Bit
Advanced Build Options - Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower-Achieve exceptional airflow in your chassis
Advanced Build Options - Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower-Basic Pro Wiring
Advanced Build Options - Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower-Advanced - Power Package (Individually Sleeved 24-pin ATX, 8-pin CPU, and SATA Drive Power Cabling)
Advanced Build Options - Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower-Advanced - Video Package (Individually Sleeved 8-pin and 6-pin PCI-E VGA Power Cabling)
12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer-Black - iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction
iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion - [6-Port] NZXT Internal USB Expansion System + Bluetooth & Wireless N Modules
Intel Smart Response Technology - SSD Cache - 60 GB Kingston V+200
Subtotal - $1,368.00

More about : question

January 26, 2013 4:31:04 AM

I would go with a 7950 especially with Skyrim (especially with mods) since it has 3gb GDDR5 and the 660 has 2gb GDDR5. You might not think you will mod now, but trust me once you see some of the re-texture mods out there for Skyrim you will drop to your knees and blindly click the "download" button. Also you can overclock it to the specs of a 7970 if you do some research first. So you get a 7970 for $300. Just my 2 cents though. Otherwise it looks like a great build! Also you should stick with the 650 watt just in case you decided to SLI/Crossfire in the future. Again, just my two cents. I'm no pro, but I have done countless hours of research since I am currently building a very similar build. Same MOBO, same CPU. For the SSD I would go to the Kingston HyperX 120gb. Probably the best economic SSD out there for gaming. Hope this helped!
m
l
Related resources
January 26, 2013 4:41:35 AM

those advance build options, some kind of service they offer?

in my opinion, do it yourself, those cable management stuff. sure they are hard to do efficiently but it is not hard to learn basics. just google some images about cable management or even youtube.

for the gaming keyboard, is that your personal choice?
for psu, check out seasonic, get at least 550w.

for the following:
cathode,
card reader,
usb expansion

do you need these? if so then go ahead, if not then save a few bucks. you can get them anytime afterwards.

for the ssd cache, i cannot comment since i use one but not for cache.
m
l
January 26, 2013 5:09:15 AM

I doubt Op knows what mods are, let alone planning on applying them :p 
and yes Outlander, 'Certified' is stock Hs and fan
I would lose the 'Cable sleeving and management' post a thread once its here and I'll run you through CM Bootcamp :) 
As for the other stuff, cathodes, pretty to look at, necessary? No
Card reader, if you use then keep, if you don't then ditch it
and wireless adaptor/bluetooth, pointless, You will have your Pc plugged into the router/modem so no need for wireless adaptor and most phones have data cables to transfer data to Pc's, quicker and easier by far in my experience
Network card? not needed, your mobo has Gigabit lan built in
I would add my voice to the built it yourself choir, we can help and you will get a better Pc experience from it all as well as being able to help yourself in case of future problems
Moto
m
l
!