Pc gaming on tv

Mezzox

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Hello, I would like to know if my pc can handle my 40 inch bravia tv? I got a i7, a gtx570, 4G of ram. I just wanted to be sure before buying the cable pc/tv. I just wanted to know if my graphics will look the same and if I will have some framerate issues! Ty:)

ish416

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
It doesn't matter the size of the display. Only the resolution. I had my pc hooked up to my 50" Samsung plasma and it looks great and performs exactly as it does on my 24" Asus monitor. Both at 1920 x 1080 resolution. The graphics could look better or worse but that being the fault of two separate displays and not the computer.

So, at any given resolution, your system will perform the same regardless of it's outputting to the TV or a computer monitor.

jemm

Distinguished
Your graphic card uses Mini HDMI connection, so you have to check which connection your Bravia TV has. If it hasn´t got a Mini HDMI, then you still can connect it through DVI, if the TV has this option.

If the TV hasn´t got none of the option then you have to use a cable adapter.

unoriginal1

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012

Just to add a bit to this... most cards come with an mini hdmi to hdmi adapter. I have two tvs at home hooked up this way.

whooleo

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
Make sure your TV doesn't overscan! I had a cheap 06/07 720p HDTV that had bad overscan to where I had to use the nVIDIA resizing tool to lower the resolution to 1216x686 or something to fit everything.

unoriginal1

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012

Check your resizing/scalability options on your graphics card. I thought i was going to have to the do the same to mine. Then started a thread here and COLgeek showed me a way to resize without changing the resolution to make it all fit.