Sign in with
Your question

BSOD/Driver removal help?

Tags:
Last response: in Systems
January 26, 2013 4:38:52 AM

My computer has BSOD 3 times today and yesterday, all while or after playing games, the codes were, for the first time, a driver related code(ntoskrnl.exe), with code 0x1000007e, the 2nd time was also driver related(0x000000d1), with rt2870.sys driver in question and DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bug check string(this one was in the middle of gaming). The third was KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, 0x0000001e, and tcpip.sys.

What drivers can these issues be narrowed down too, because I really do not want to remove all drivers and reformat my drives. Which would mean reinstalling games, etc...

Thanks!

More about : bsod driver removal

January 26, 2013 5:00:00 AM

Since the BSODs occured while or after gaming, then it may be related to a graphics driver. What you can do is download a software like Driver Fusion, clean out all existing graphics drivers, and then reinstall them. Be sure to install the latest non-beta drivers. If you have a pre-built computer from Dell, HP, or something, get the drivers from their website, otherwise get it from Ati/Nvidia. If this does not fix your issue, then it may be hardware related. Sometimes hardware issues may trigger driver crashes. While playing games, monitor your temperatures and see if they go too high. Anywhere over 90 when not overclocked can be considered high.
Related resources
January 26, 2013 4:47:16 PM

I don't think it's hardware related.

It's been working fine for the past 2 weeks but what i recently did was move drivers off my SSD and onto my HDD to save space, some drivers/parts of drivers may have been deleted/lost and that's whats causing BSOD.

I'm just asking if anyone can look at my error codes and tell me what drivers are causing the problem, so I can avoid reformatting and reinstalling everything.
January 26, 2013 5:04:05 PM

Never mind, it just happened with no gaming, error code:

0x0000003b
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
ntoskrnl.exe
January 26, 2013 5:38:03 PM

But i don't use any 1394 devices, I have a port, but no devices connected to it.

also I just need to ask what drivers are those connected to specifically.
January 26, 2013 5:43:52 PM

report do not tell but i would use windows update and check all there could be a missing driver or a obsolete one specialy the graphic card that could do this ,so do full up date on windows .
!