Sign in with
Your question

Sabertooth X79 clearance issues for fans in mid-tower

Last response: in Systems
January 26, 2013 4:50:12 AM

I have an ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard in a mid-tower (Cooler Master Elite 430) which has cooling components over the I/O ports that obstructs one of the top fan vents. I'm planning to upgrade my case, and I'm interested in the NZXT Phantom 410. Is it likely that I would have the same problem? The issue is that there's too little space between the I/O and the vent for even the thinnest fan. I'm hoping this is an issue with the case.
February 1, 2013 7:19:50 AM

thuskeld said:
I have an ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard in a mid-tower (Cooler Master Elite 430) which has cooling components over the I/O ports that obstructs one of the top fan vents. I'm planning to upgrade my case, and I'm interested in the NZXT Phantom 410. Is it likely that I would have the same problem? The issue is that there's too little space between the I/O and the vent for even the thinnest fan. I'm hoping this is an issue with the case.

Okay, clearly this question was too specific. In case anyone in the future has similar issues, the Phantom 410 has ample clearance on top, it solved my problems.
m
l
!