Can't Over Clock Radeon 7850; Not even a bit

lapatria100

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
Im pretty much new to Over clocking... and im probably doing something wrong. And I know "you shouldn't be messing with it if you don't know what you're doing" but hey. Everyone has to learn at one point or another.

It seems that when I try to overclock my GPU, everytime I will get screen flickering. Even with the slightest raise of Core Clock. For example, Stock is @ 860GHZ, raising to 864 will start to flicker. My temperature never raises passed 53~ when playing APB: Reloaded on High.

Even with my older gpu, the same thing occured.

My Specs:

34nmfzp.png

My Temps: Pretty sure that's not the problem, considering I can't raise Ghz at all...

f36pft.png

Im guessing it's my Motherboard?

Solution

XD lol ok sorry about that, ok try this on the msi afterburner in the second option: power limit, increase the power to max (on mine max is 120% btw), save, then use the catalyst overide to overclock it. see if it works (btw i replaced the link to a better video guide XD).

Dnx

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012

it might be, since the card will be working harder it will take more power, leaving the power on stock and increasing the clock speed might cause problems, the only time that i used my overclock and forgot to raise the power level i got a black screen after a few minutes of start gaming. so lets hope it fix it.

lapatria100

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012

Not trying to be rude just pointing it out that that has to be the worste tutorial ever.

OT: I see no Voltage or Power options. D:

Dnx

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012

XD lol ok sorry about that, ok try this on the msi afterburner in the second option: power limit, increase the power to max (on mine max is 120% btw), save, then use the catalyst overide to overclock it. see if it works (btw i replaced the link to a better video guide XD).

Solution

Dnx

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012

woot glad you made it, also try using stress programs every time you increase the clocks to see the card performance. i use furmark and heaven 3.0, good luck and have a happy overclocking n.n

lapatria100

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012

Yup. I do run stress programs after ever increment. I also know that once I get really high up in Mhz I should leave the stresser on for hours

Dnx

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
loool that remembers me of the time i was doing that and at the same time my dad was trying a new mix cake blender he bought, i tho it was my card fan XD, scared me a fn lot. well cheers :D

lapatria100

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012

Haha. But it started doing it again. I really think it's my Motherboard, now. It's pretty old.. Idk. Or any other options. -was exicted- :(