New build a little over budget

deniscustovic

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
WARNING pg13 language use

Okay, i've been working on this compter for little past a week now... scouring the internet for information and forums on other simular builds. I kept finding a lot of information on this site for parts that have great praise and are better than the parts i originally started with. Well these upgrades were $5, $10, $20 and eventually made me go 80 dollars over budget(not including rebates that take too long to receive and void refund possibilities) I'm trying to save a few bucks if i can by downgrading something off my list that may not be necessary. Now you may find yourself asking"why did you choose these upgrades without realizing your budget?" The answer to that my friends is.. i have no idea. I probably was not consciously aware and i do tend to over do it. I read somewhere that it's better to go quad core instead of my original dual core decision, well after readin that i remember telling myself "ill meet your quad and raise sextuplets!"... babies... yuck.

Reason? Well I'm try to budget appropriately for disposable income and this has set me back a paychecks worth which, as you all know, can lead to a slippery slope down of "spending too much of yo monei on sheet you don't need" which is bad, cause than you can't pay rent, or eat, now you're sleeping outside and cranky, smelly, girlfriends like"wtf? why did we get evicted?" you say "babe I just wanted to save skyrim from the dragons!"

oh that's the computer build link thingy > http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zEnw

I think my expectations based on some research for this build are syrim on high settings at 1080. (research being youtube, these forums, reviews, hwcompare, and benchmark)

Let me know what i can do or if i should wait it out till next paycheck.
ps. im on a post 'realizing it's 4am' rant mood, with messed up sentence structures and awful spelling. I apologize...

cheap out on CPU :)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 975 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor ($82.18 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock 970DE3/U3S3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Kingston Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($45.98 @ Outlet PC)
Storage: Toshiba 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($65.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card ($159.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $515.08
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-26 04:00 EST-0500)

Solution
G

I think this build will be slightly better as from what I've heard the FX-6100 didn't perform very well in games.