Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Sub $500 Gaming PC

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 25, 2013 10:51:54 PM

Hello,
Im in high school and ready to build my first gaming PC. Heres the catch, it has to be under $500. If possible could you guys post your favorite sub $500 gaming setup? If so that would be great.

Change of plans:
So it turns out I don't need a OS or a monitor, I don't know if it will make much of a difference. Sorry I didn't mention it before :( 

More about : 500 gaming

January 25, 2013 11:39:02 PM

Hi :) 

I admire you for doing it at your age, but you must understand that including an Operating system and monitor, its going to play games on LOW at best....

All the best Brett :) 
m
0
l
Related resources
January 26, 2013 2:10:09 AM

Quote:
Hello,
Im in high school and ready to build my first gaming PC. Heres the catch, it has to be under $500. If possible could you guys post your favorite sub $500 gaming setup? If so that would be great.


If you are looking for a PC for gaming that cheap then I have the AMD PC build for you lol.
It's a micro ATX build but it will get the job done.

The motherboard is MSI 880GMS-E41, price: $59.99 plus $3.99 shipping
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The CPU is AMD FX-4170 (this is a massive 4.2GHz processor stock), price: $124.99 with free shipping
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The ram is G.SKILL NS 4GB (2 x 2GB), price: $24.99 with free shipping
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The hard drive is Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB, price: $59.99 with free shipping
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The DVD rom is LG 24X DVD Burner, price: $17.99 plus $4.99 shipping
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The video card or GPU is SAPPHIRE 100357LP Radeon HD 7750 1GB , price: $109.99 plus $4.99 shipping
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

And last but not least the case with a 500 watt ATX power supply unit APEVIA X-QBOII X-QBOII-NW-BK/500 , price: $74.99 plus $9.99 shipping
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...



Total cost: $496.89
I hope this helps you find what you are looking for but keep in mind for a PC build for less than $500 it's not gonna run with the big boys but it will do what you need it to do.
m
0
l
January 26, 2013 3:22:20 AM

For gaming I recommend The Intel CPU and AMD GPU

Intel Pentium G860 Sandy Bridge 3.0GHz LGA 1155 65W With BIOSTAR TH61 ITX LGA 1155 MotherBoard Combo At Only $139.98
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

MSI R7770-2PMD1GD5/OC Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card At Only $134.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Kingston 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 MHz At Only $26.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive AT Only $79.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Acer G236HLBbd Black 23" 5ms Widescreen LED Monitor 1080p At Only $109.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW Black Aluminum Bezel , SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case At Only $54.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

TOTAL Price Is Only $546.93
This Quotation IS Best For Gaming PC.




m
0
l
January 26, 2013 3:40:00 AM

Hey man. If you can get a part time job and maybie boost the budget too 700-800 would help alot however if you cant

7770+4170 would be a decent
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
January 26, 2013 5:34:28 AM

The build i made you it's faster than all of the builds on top.It includes an OS but has no monitor.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Pentium G860 3.0GHz Dual-Core Processor ($65.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock H61M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Mushkin Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($33.84 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB Video Card ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill Blackbone ATX Mid Tower Case ($31.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Antec Neo Eco 400W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $506.76
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-26 02:21 EST-0500)
The price of the case is actually 26$ so it's less than a dolar overbudget.

Or if you also want a monitor included in the budget, then this is pretty much the best PC you can build for 500$.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Celeron G540 2.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock H61M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Mushkin Essentials 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($23.98 @ Outlet PC)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 750GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 6770 1GB Video Card ($86.97 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill Blackbone ATX Mid Tower Case ($31.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Antec Neo Eco 400W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Hannspree HL203DPB 20.0" Monitor ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $502.86
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-26 02:33 EST-0500)
m
0
l
January 26, 2013 5:38:01 AM

Quote:
The build i made you it's faster than all of the builds on top.It includes an OS but has no monitor.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Pentium G860 3.0GHz Dual-Core Processor ($65.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock H61M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Mushkin Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($33.84 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB Video Card ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill Blackbone ATX Mid Tower Case ($31.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Antec Neo Eco 400W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $506.76
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-26 02:21 EST-0500)
The price of the case is actually 26$ so it's less than a dolar overbudget.

Or if you also want a monitor included in the budget, then this is pretty much the best PC you can build for 500$.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Celeron G540 2.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock H61M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Mushkin Essentials 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($23.98 @ Outlet PC)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 750GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 6770 1GB Video Card ($86.97 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill Blackbone ATX Mid Tower Case ($31.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Antec Neo Eco 400W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Hannspree HL203DPB 20.0" Monitor ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $502.86
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-26 02:33 EST-0500)


Sorry not trying to tread on you but the 6670 is kinda outdated but the GTX nice choice
m
0
l
January 26, 2013 8:13:02 AM

Quote:
The build i made you it's faster than all of the builds on top.It includes an OS but has no monitor.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Pentium G860 3.0GHz Dual-Core Processor ($65.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock H61M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Mushkin Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($33.84 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB Video Card ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill Blackbone ATX Mid Tower Case ($31.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Antec Neo Eco 400W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $506.76
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-26 02:21 EST-0500)
The price of the case is actually 26$ so it's less than a dolar overbudget.

Or if you also want a monitor included in the budget, then this is pretty much the best PC you can build for 500$.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Celeron G540 2.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock H61M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Mushkin Essentials 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($23.98 @ Outlet PC)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 750GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 6770 1GB Video Card ($86.97 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill Blackbone ATX Mid Tower Case ($31.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Antec Neo Eco 400W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Hannspree HL203DPB 20.0" Monitor ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $502.86
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-26 02:33 EST-0500)


the first build is an absolute kick ass build. i would definitely recommend it
m
0
l
January 26, 2013 9:03:13 AM

Hi. I also want to build a gaming pc with 500$ budget. But i don't need OS anymore. I like Kamen_BG's first build. but what can i upgrade if i don't get the OS?
m
0
l
January 26, 2013 10:19:58 AM

Quote:
Hi. I also want to build a gaming pc with 500$ budget. But i don't need OS anymore. I like Kamen_BG's first build. but what can i upgrade if i don't get the OS?


you could upgrade the cpu to an i3 and the video card to a 7850
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
January 26, 2013 11:20:14 AM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
m
0
l
February 2, 2013 8:14:49 PM

CoolJagurar said:
Hello,
Im in high school and ready to build my first gaming PC. Heres the catch, it has to be under $500. If possible could you guys post your favorite sub $500 gaming setup? If so that would be great.


My friend just gave me this set up, what do you guys think?
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/AKRE
m
0
l
February 2, 2013 9:33:40 PM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($88.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock 760GM-GS3 Micro ATX AM3 Motherboard ($49.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($39.00 @ Amazon)
Storage: Toshiba 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card ($154.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($65.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $500.90
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-02 18:33 EST-0500)
m
0
l
February 2, 2013 9:36:54 PM

CoolJagurar said:
My friend just gave me this set up, what do you guys think?
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/AKRE


The 7750 isn't a very good gpu if you want to play on med-high
m
0
l
February 2, 2013 10:31:50 PM

This will do you justice. You'll be able to play any game on Med-High settings on a 720p display easy. Tell me what you think.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/B7gi
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/B7gi/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/B7gi/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Pentium G860 3.0GHz Dual-Core Processor ($68.76 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus P8B75-M LX PLUS Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Mushkin Essentials 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($23.98 @ Outlet PC)
Storage: Western Digital Scorpio Blue 320GB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.99 @ Microcenter)
Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 6750 1GB Video Card ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($45.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $478.64
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-02 19:31 EST-0500)
m
0
l
February 2, 2013 10:37:08 PM

So this can run games like Civ 5, Witcher, Far Cry and games like that at medium high settings? Because this is looking really good.
m
0
l
!