Sign in with
Your question

New rig, runs games HORRIBLE, please help!

Last response: in Systems
January 26, 2013 2:48:41 PM

So I just finished my new gaming rig, and everything was running smoothly for the first few days. Went to play LoL today, it it was running super choppy and well...just bad. Tried Starcraft 2, and same thing, plus there were all these strange box's all over the map. Then I tried running everything on lower settings, and still had the same problem. I'm fairly new to this, so I'm not to sure where I go from here. Here are my computers stats:

ASRock Z77 OC Formula mobo
EVGA GTX 680 gpu
4 4g G.Skill Sniper RAM
Cooler Master 1050W 80+ gold
i5 3570K

Please help me!!
January 26, 2013 3:08:16 PM

Underclock the card and if that doesn't help return it and get a replacement.

If you press them about it Newegg will give you free return shipping.
m
l
January 26, 2013 3:14:57 PM

first question is all ur drivers up to date, as well as ur bios. did u defrag ur hard-drive and scandisk it for errors after ur fresh install.

also after doing all the above if u havent, uninstall your drivers, than use driversweeper to remove all traces of all drivers. than install latest drivers.

after u do all the above. come back and tell us the results.

m
l
Related resources
January 26, 2013 3:18:36 PM

iceclock said:
first question is all ur drivers up to date, as well as ur bios. did u defrag ur hard-drive and scandisk it for errors after ur fresh install.

also after doing all the above if u havent, uninstall your drivers, than use driversweeper to remove all traces of all drivers. than install latest drivers.

after u do all the above. come back and tell us the results.

All drivers for gpu are up to date, as for bios, not sure. I'd assume you go to your mobo's website to update that, yes? Ill defrag, and scandisk right now and get back to you. thanks for the help!
m
l
!