Sign in with
Your question

System suggestion

Last response: in Systems
January 26, 2013 2:58:25 PM

Yeah - another one of these questions... Time for a new computer, and I'm mired in all the choices of homebuilts. I'm sure some of you follow these sites, and have some worthy opinions.
Can someone suggest a few favorites?

I'm 60, not a gamer, and have little demands on my computer, beyond having a handful of of programs and a bunch of tabs open. I'm looking for under $400 for the box and OS. I'll probably go with Win8. I like quality parts, but don't necessarily need top of the line.

Thanks, all.

More about : system suggestion

a b B Homebuilt system
January 26, 2013 3:21:51 PM

My suggestion :

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD A4-5300 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($49.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A75M-DGS Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard ($60.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($42.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Antec Neo Eco 400W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $379.87
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
m
l
January 26, 2013 8:24:56 PM

Thanks, Django! You even saved me $20! ;> Without knowing much, I'm putting you down for 'best answer'. Maybe it's the quickest, or only, but it seems like you've been studying the 'market'... I may order tomorrow.
I've been a Django fan since 1970. 10 years later, I read that the proper Frenchy/Gypsy pronunciation is like Zango, tho I've never heard it pronounced with anything but the D. I haven't seen the movie yet, but if it's anywhere near as good as Basterds...
Be ready for my next question - 'why doesn't my computer work? I followed all the steps right...'
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
January 26, 2013 8:37:15 PM

Django unchained is a good movie, the dialogue is the best, it drags a bit, but still a good movie, but i'm my opinion it's not as good as basterds or other top westerns, also it's more like a southern with racial motives.
The real django will always be franco nero and the movie that sergio corbucci made.
Those parts are all compatible, so no worries.
m
l
!