Sign in with
Your question

GETTING SOUND FROM MODEM TO COME OUT OF MY SPEAKER

Last response: in Components
Anonymous
January 21, 2002 11:43:53 AM

Does anybody know how I can get sound from my 3com us robotics 56k modem to come out of my speakers? I tried a cable connection from the speaker out port of my modem into the line-in port on my soundblaster live xgamer with no results.
Thanks.
FIC MB
AMD-1.33
512 CRUCIAL MEM.
SOUNDBLASTER LIVE XGAMER
3COM US ROBOTICS 56K MODEM
VISIONTEK GFORCE 3
4 SPEAKER SYSTEM FROM CAMBRIDGE
WIN XP

More about : sound modem speaker

January 21, 2002 6:29:52 PM

does modem have speaker out on it , if not you probely will not be able to
January 22, 2002 11:55:52 AM

my old internal modem had speaker out on it, but i could never figure out how to use it.
Related resources
Anonymous
January 22, 2002 11:52:26 PM

i aint farmiller withe the sound cards software,,have u checked that the WINDOWS sound controll pannel has the device listed & that the volume "slider" is & full ?.

Good luck !!!!!

linux has got to be better !
Anonymous
January 22, 2002 11:52:42 PM

i aint farmiller with the sound cards software,,have u checked that the WINDOWS sound controll pannel has the device listed & that the volume "slider" is & full ?.

Good luck !!!!!

linux has got to be better !
January 24, 2002 3:38:42 PM

First, I believe that you will need to hook up the sound to the TAD input on the Sound board. Next, I believe you go to the modem properties in the control panal and select audio output to soundcard. Finally, make sure that your TAD in is not muted. Also, many motherboards have modem sound inport jacks somewhere on the them (normally around the place where you would install the LEDs) I do beleive that by hooking it up to this jack, you can listen to the modem on the same channel as the wave sound, thus not using up one of your Analog inputs. Hope this helped you out.

If it works for you then don't fix it.
!