Sim City 4 Deluxe

Does anyone know why the game will play fine for a few minutes and then crash
to the blue screen reading a stop errormessage. my computer meets the
software required standards and all of the drivers for the cards are the
latest.

Hi,

"flyingbeastofthenight" <flyingbeastofthenight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know why the game will play fine for a few minutes and then crash
> to the blue screen reading a stop errormessage. my computer meets the
> software required standards and all of the drivers for the cards are the
> latest.

Here are some known solutions for tackling Kernel 32 Errors,
Invalid Page Faults, and Exception Errors. For exception errors try:
http://www.wintrouble.net/discus/messages/56/2250.html?980120325
For STOP errors try this great pg: http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php

1. To see if it's a software conflict: Temporarily disable Startup
programs one at a time, starting with Firewall, Antivirus, and ad
blockers using: http://new.jtsoft2001.com/windows/startup.php

You can lookup what a program does before you disable it here:
http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_pages/startup_full.htm

2. Reinstall the game to overcome any data corruption:
a. Backup any saved games and/or mods to a safe location.
b. Uninstall the game using Control Panel / Add-Remove programs.
c. Clear any references to the game leftover in your registry using:
d. After a reboot close & exit your Antivirus and any other programs
using this method: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=331796
e. Install the game again from your original CD, do not use a backup.
f. Don't reuse the saved games/mods until you properly test the game.

3. Run a Virus Scan: http://housecall.antivirus.com

4. Remove any Adware, Spyware or Trojans using Spybot from: http://security.kolla.de

5. Finally, if none of the above works, Microsoft has an extensive troubleshooter
which applies to all games, including the titles listed in beginning of the article:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280068#ScopeCause4

6. Windows XP has an Error Reporting feature. With this feature, you can
automatically view responses to Windows error reports. After you submit
an error report, you can immediately view any available information that
relates to the issue, such as hotfixes, workarounds, or other relevant info."

Download the Windows XP Error Reporting Update from:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?amp;displaylang=en&familyid=A1C6C3D8-5053-436E-B898-9CD995292BAA&displaylang=en

I know those are quite a few steps. I hope you're patient enough to use them. :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms