Knocked plug out of wall, computer now won't boot

Dennis Nichols

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
I was ruffhousin around with the lady-friend and I knocked my outlet plug out. My computer shut off afterwords, which of course would happen because the plug was taken out. So I go to turn it back on, I hear the fans spin but nothing shows up on the monitors. Try to restart a couple times and, nope, won't boot. I unplugged the power plugs, made sure everything was put in right, Tried again with no success. Finally I even took out the mobo battery (Left it out for about a minute) and put it back in, also taking my GPU out and replugging it along with my moniters. Still not booting. Would anyone know a reason why?

I've tried resetting the cmos countless times, I went through the check-list, unplugged the psu from everything and let it sit, left it overnight to try and drain the power if there was any issue, everything I can think of but still no luck.

PSU is a coolermaster 500w eXtreme Power Plus

Dennis Nichols

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

Hah is it really that bad? I got it as part of a more budget build back a little bit over a year ago but I've sine then upgraded my CPU and my GPU. It probably does suck now especially >_<. I have a gtx 660 ti and an i5-2500k. My lights and fans still power on but the monitors just display black, I havn't tried with a different psu as I don't have that option. I've pretty much tried everything though, so would the PSU be pretty much the only possibility at this point?

Dennis Nichols

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

Well I don't have a very strict budget as I am a high school student with a job, so I don't really have bills to pay yet other than my phone. Is there any possibility that it could be my motherboard though? Or no?

Dennis Nichols

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

I'd honestly like to buy a reliable PSU that will run a 660ti and an overclocked i5-2500k
probably in like the 60-80 dollar range? I would assume that is the price it would cost

Knocking the case around could have slightly unseated the gpu in the slot ot the power cable going to it. I'd pull the gpu and reseat it and the power cable. Might double check the monitor cable is firmly attached too.

Edit: missed that u already tried that - sorry!

TRENDING THREADS