Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

GAMING PC

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 26, 2013 4:33:42 PM

Hello Im Building a gaming pc

So Heres What Im Planning On Getting

I7 3930k CPU
ASUS MAXIMUS V MOBO
16 GB Of Corsair Dominator Ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 GPU
1000 Corsair PSU
Caviar Black 1tb HDD
Kingston Hyperx 120 GB SSD
Corsair H100I Cliquid Cooler
Corsair Obsidian 800D

Razer Lycosa Keyboard
Razer MAmba Mouse
Razer Goliathas GAME PAD


is this a good future build?

More about : gaming

January 26, 2013 4:37:03 PM

If your only gaming than drop to 8gb of 1600mhz ram a 3570k on 1155 and a 5-600w psu, look for a mechanical keyboard there better for gaming and look at a 660ti or higher gfx card.
m
0
l
January 26, 2013 4:41:41 PM

TheRLD said:
Hello Im Building a gaming pc

So Heres What Im Planning On Getting

I7 3930k CPU
ASUS MAXIMUS V MOBO
16 GB Of Corsair Dominator Ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 GPU
1000 Corsair PSU
Caviar Black 1tb HDD
Kingston Hyperx 120 GB SSD
Corsair H100I Cliquid Cooler
Corsair Obsidian 800D

Razer Lycosa Keyboard
Razer MAmba Mouse
Razer Goliathas GAME PAD


is this a good future build?


Two things I saw .... since its for gaming save yourself some cash and get an I5 CPU, That PSU is nice but 1000 Watts is overkill for what your have listed. Your current system will not use over 500 even with an OC on the CPU and Vid card. That case is awesome ! With the money you save in those two things get a 670 , they OC amazing and you can get them for cheap. Some are being sold in the classified section for $350.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... 229.99 for an i5 3570k That will save you $350 and in gaming you will not notice a difference.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... Corsair 750 Watt for 109.99 with $20 instant off there is another $100 saved.

With the extra $450 buy yourself a 670, and maybe get another SSD and set them up into a raid 0 config.

I5's are every bit as good as I7's as far as gaming is concerned. Just OC that CPU and you are good to go.

Also ..... could even get yourself a nice SLI setup.

m
0
l
Related resources
January 26, 2013 4:42:34 PM

Couple of things here I'd say:

I'm not sure why you need a 3930k for gaming? You would be better served getting either the 3770k (if you NEED hyperthreading, which no games use), or the 3570k (arguably the best bang for buck cpu on the market) and use the money saved from the CPU and mobo towards upgrading your graphics card, which honestly for a gaming rig you'd probably be better off doing (Maybe a 670 or a 7950/7970).

Why the Corsair 800D? Unless you plan to do some serious watercooling that case is not worth it at all. Get yourself something a bit more reasonable, I'd take a look at NZXT (I can personally vouch for both the Switch 810 and Phantom 410 as being great cases), or maybe the smaller Corsair cases (particularly the 500R)

For the SSD if you want you could consider the samsung 840 or the OCZ vector, which last I checked were the fastest on the market

That 1000 watt psu is beyond overkill for you, even if you decided to SLI/Xfire. Get yourself maybe a 600-750W and save some scratch

The Razer Lycosa isn't a very good keyboard in my opinion, maybe consider doing some reading online about the keyboard types and figure out what you need specifically (mechanical, blues, reds, normal, etc).
m
0
l
January 26, 2013 4:42:54 PM

overlook on your system;

dont need such a strong cpu for gaming.... that's more for editing purposes
could go with cheaper motherboard but i listed same as yours cuz its so sexy
8gb ram is plenty for gaming, but you can get 16 just to be ensured for future
save money on cpu and add to GPU very important
1000watt psu.... is more than double of what your system actually needs..........
hdd is ok
could get bigger SSD with or if you ok with 120... go with 120 (intel ones have good rep)
the noctua air cooler has better rating than h100 for cooling, and its way cheaper




for gaming, this is better ;) 

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zHJT
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zHJT/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zHJT/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($216.99 @ Newegg Canada) OVVVVERRR CLOCKKKKKKK
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($68.99 @ Computer Valley)
Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula EATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($270.13 @ DirectCanada)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($79.49 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($67.99 @ NCIX)
Storage: Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($171.83 @ DirectCanada)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($402.94 @ DirectCanada)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced ATX Full Tower Case ($119.98 @ NCIX)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.25 @ DirectCanada)
Total: $1487.59
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-26 13:39 EST-0500)
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
January 26, 2013 4:46:32 PM

dude... that's a 600 dollar cpu and a 200 gpu. really unbalanced... especially since you should be reversing that if at all possible.

Go with an i5-2500k or an i5-3570k, that's all the cpu you need for gaming

get a good 1155 mb (z77 chipset)

bump that GPU up to a HD 7970, or a 680 if you must have nvidea (no real difference in cards just the price)

get yourself a SSD. 128gb in size like a vertex 4 or something.

that would be a solid gaming rig... much better use of cash then what i'm looking at right now anyway.
m
0
l
January 26, 2013 4:54:22 PM

scopey86 said:
Couple of things here I'd say:

I'm not sure why you need a 3930k for gaming? You would be better served getting either the 3770k (if you NEED hyperthreading, which no games use), or the 3570k (arguably the best bang for buck cpu on the market) and use the money saved from the CPU and mobo towards upgrading your graphics card, which honestly for a gaming rig you'd probably be better off doing (Maybe a 670 or a 7950/7970).

Why the Corsair 800D? Unless you plan to do some serious watercooling that case is not worth it at all. Get yourself something a bit more reasonable, I'd take a look at NZXT (I can personally vouch for both the Switch 810 and Phantom 410 as being great cases), or maybe the smaller Corsair cases (particularly the 500R)

For the SSD if you want you could consider the samsung 840 or the OCZ vector, which last I checked were the fastest on the market

That 1000 watt psu is beyond overkill for you, even if you decided to SLI/Xfire. Get yourself maybe a 600-750W and save some scratch

The Razer Lycosa isn't a very good keyboard in my opinion, maybe consider doing some reading online about the keyboard types and figure out what you need specifically (mechanical, blues, reds, normal, etc).




oh alright ill put all those into consideration thanks :D 
m
0
l
January 26, 2013 4:56:22 PM

envymert said:
Two things I saw .... since its for gaming save yourself some cash and get an I5 CPU, That PSU is nice but 1000 Watts is overkill for what your have listed. Your current system will not use over 500 even with an OC on the CPU and Vid card. That case is awesome ! With the money you save in those two things get a 670 , they OC amazing and you can get them for cheap. Some are being sold in the classified section for $350.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... 229.99 for an i5 3570k That will save you $350 and in gaming you will not notice a difference.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... Corsair 750 Watt for 109.99 with $20 instant off there is another $100 saved.

With the extra $450 buy yourself a 670, and maybe get another SSD and set them up into a raid 0 config.

I5's are every bit as good as I7's as far as gaming is concerned. Just OC that CPU and you are good to go.

Also ..... could even get yourself a nice SLI setup.




completely understandable :D 
all bout saving money and i like that
m
0
l
January 26, 2013 4:59:12 PM

gussrtk said:
overlook on your system;

dont need such a strong cpu for gaming.... that's more for editing purposes
could go with cheaper motherboard but i listed same as yours cuz its so sexy
8gb ram is plenty for gaming, but you can get 16 just to be ensured for future
save money on cpu and add to GPU very important
1000watt psu.... is more than double of what your system actually needs..........
hdd is ok
could get bigger SSD with or if you ok with 120... go with 120 (intel ones have good rep)
the noctua air cooler has better rating than h100 for cooling, and its way cheaper




for gaming, this is better ;) 

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zHJT
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zHJT/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zHJT/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($216.99 @ Newegg Canada) OVVVVERRR CLOCKKKKKKK
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($68.99 @ Computer Valley)
Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula EATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($270.13 @ DirectCanada)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($79.49 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($67.99 @ NCIX)
Storage: Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($171.83 @ DirectCanada)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($402.94 @ DirectCanada)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced ATX Full Tower Case ($119.98 @ NCIX)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.25 @ DirectCanada)
Total: $1487.59
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-26 13:39 EST-0500)




okay thanks :D 
m
0
l
!