What is needed to output hdmi w/audio to 4 TVs (not same time but con)

dan1331

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
Hello, I don't like set top boxes and what they can offer. I want hdmi cables going from my pc to 4 different TVs. Only 1 will be streaming from the PC at a time but I want all 4 hooked up at once and I want audio being sent through the hdmi cable too. How do I do that? Also, At times I will be streaming a 20GB bluray file and I will want fast forward to work (windows media cent RF remote).

Thanks for the advice. If the PC is going to need an expensive solution please describe it - I am not going to use a set top box and telling me about them will not be helpful. I am clueless as to how I can hook all 4 up at once. Thanks in advance!!

dan1331

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
Anyone please? I wasn't trying to be a troll when I stressed I wasn't going to use a set top box - I just knew with a solution as complicated as this I would get a lot of people suggesting alternatives instead.

chugot9218

Honorable
Don't bump posts.... but I'll give you a pass this time ;). I do not use it myself, but I have a View HD box that is basically a 1-4 HDMI splitter and range extender, probably perfect for your situation. Heres a link, only like 50 bucks for this model: http://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Powered-Splitter-Certified-Outputs/dp/B00263D7A4

PS I don't think you could solve your issue without spending some cash anyways.

My only solution for using your media center remote is to either figure out if it can be used for your TV, or to buy an IR extender for your PC, or maybe all your locations will happen to be in range.