Madden 2005

Hi,

I'm having a very strange problem, I received yesterday MAdden 2005, and when I
tried it I receive a message that I have some kind of CD/DVD Emulation software
that is running.

The only thing close to that is NERODRIVEIMAGE, which was installed when I
installed Nero 6.x, but it was never enabled, and better yet when I installed
the game on my laptop, which does not even have a CD-R Drive in it, I get the
same thing

ANy help would be greatly appreciated, since EA doesn't do anything execpt to
tell to either disable the CD/DVD emulation software, or better yet to install
Win98

--
Thank you in Advance

Merci a l'Avance

Martin

Hi Martin,

Look in Task Manager for any processes running that might be related
to emulators / Nero and End Task them. That should do the trick. :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"Martin Racette" <rat7_2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:dfvJd.539$mA5.206577@news20.bellglobal.com...
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a very strange problem, I received yesterday MAdden 2005, and when I tried it I receive a message that I have some kind
> of CD/DVD Emulation software that is running.
>
> The only thing close to that is NERODRIVEIMAGE, which was installed when I installed Nero 6.x, but it was never enabled, and
> better yet when I installed the game on my laptop, which does not even have a CD-R Drive in it, I get the same thing
>
> ANy help would be greatly appreciated, since EA doesn't do anything execpt to tell to either disable the CD/DVD emulation
> software, or better yet to install Win98
>
> --
> Thank you in Advance
>
> Merci a l'Avance
>
> Martin

I did and there is nothing about that except for INCD, and shutting this down
does not help, and on my laptop I don't even have any cd-writer software, and I
still get the same error

--
Thank you in Advance

Merci a l'Avance

Martin

"Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message
> Hi Martin,
>
> Look in Task Manager for any processes running that might be related
> to emulators / Nero and End Task them. That should do the trick. :)
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
>
> Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
>
> "Martin Racette" <rat7_2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm having a very strange problem, I received yesterday MAdden 2005, and when
>> I tried it I receive a message that I have some kind of CD/DVD Emulation
>> software that is running.
>>
>> The only thing close to that is NERODRIVEIMAGE, which was installed when I
>> installed Nero 6.x, but it was never enabled, and better yet when I installed
>> the game on my laptop, which does not even have a CD-R Drive in it, I get the
>> same thing
>>
>> ANy help would be greatly appreciated, since EA doesn't do anything execpt to
>> tell to either disable the CD/DVD emulation software, or better yet to
>> install Win98
>>
>> --
>> Thank you in Advance
>>
>> Merci a l'Avance
>>
>> Martin

Unfortunately you'll need to uninstall NERO and reintall NERO without the cd
virtual drive package if you think that's your problem. A lot of games
don't bother to check whether the virtual cds service is actually running
and instead refuse to run if they find the application present on the
system.

>I did and there is nothing about that except for INCD, and shutting this
>down does not help, and on my laptop I don't even have any cd-writer
>software, and I still get the same error
>
> --
> Thank you in Advance
>
> Merci a l'Avance
>
> Martin
>
> "Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message
>> Hi Martin,
>>
>> Look in Task Manager for any processes running that might be related
>> to emulators / Nero and End Task them. That should do the trick. :)
>>
>> --
>> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
>> Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>
>> Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
>> Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
>> MS Assisted Support:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
>> My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
>> rights.
>>
>> "Martin Racette" <rat7_2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm having a very strange problem, I received yesterday MAdden 2005, and
>>> when I tried it I receive a message that I have some kind of CD/DVD
>>> Emulation software that is running.
>>>
>>> The only thing close to that is NERODRIVEIMAGE, which was installed when
>>> I installed Nero 6.x, but it was never enabled, and better yet when I
>>> installed the game on my laptop, which does not even have a CD-R Drive
>>> in it, I get the same thing
>>>
>>> ANy help would be greatly appreciated, since EA doesn't do anything
>>> execpt to tell to either disable the CD/DVD emulation software, or
>>> better yet to install Win98
>>>
>>> --
>>> Thank you in Advance
>>>
>>> Merci a l'Avance
>>>
>>> Martin

And then the game developers complain people run "no-cd" cracks etc. rather
than put up with such bs, just doesn't make sense to me why one wouldn't?

"Neil Dela Osa" <neilde@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Unfortunately you'll need to uninstall NERO and reintall NERO without the
cd
> virtual drive package if you think that's your problem. A lot of games
> don't bother to check whether the virtual cds service is actually running
> and instead refuse to run if they find the application present on the
> system.
>

> "Martin Racette" <rat7_2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I did and there is nothing about that except for INCD, and shutting this
> >down does not help, and on my laptop I don't even have any cd-writer
> >software, and I still get the same error
> >
> > --
> > Thank you in Advance
> >
> > Merci a l'Avance
> >
> > Martin
> >
> > "Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message
> >> Hi Martin,
> >>
> >> Look in Task Manager for any processes running that might be related
> >> to emulators / Nero and End Task them. That should do the trick. :)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
> >> Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> >>
> >> Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> >> Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site:
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
> >> MS Assisted Support:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
> >> My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
> >> rights.
> >> _________________________________________________________
> >>
> >> "Martin Racette" <rat7_2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Unfortunately, Nero Drive Image come with Nero Burning ROM, as an integreal part
of it, and can not be either uninstall or not install at all (I have the
downloadable version and not the boxed)

--
Thank you in Advance

Merci a l'Avance

Martin

> Unfortunately you'll need to uninstall NERO and reintall NERO without the cd
> virtual drive package if you think that's your problem. A lot of games don't
> bother to check whether the virtual cds service is actually running and
> instead refuse to run if they find the application present on the system.
>

> "Martin Racette" <rat7_2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I did and there is nothing about that except for INCD, and shutting this down
>>does not help, and on my laptop I don't even have any cd-writer software, and
>>I still get the same error
>>
>> --
>> Thank you in Advance
>>
>> Merci a l'Avance
>>
>> Martin
>>
>> "Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message
>>> Hi Martin,
>>>
>>> Look in Task Manager for any processes running that might be related
>>> to emulators / Nero and End Task them. That should do the trick. :)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
>>> Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>>
>>> Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
>>> Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
>>> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
>>> My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
>>>
>>> "Martin Racette" <rat7_2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message

http://www.ahead.de/us/nero-up.php

According to this page Nero is part of the 3rd update package. Just do a
reinstall withoug installing the third package. I know the re-install is
not the best solution but it's the one if seen listed in magazines for
fixing the problem.