• Systems
Last response: in Systems
January 26, 2013 7:45:50 PM

My PC's Config is:
Case : Corsair Carbide Series 400R Mid-Tower Case
PSU : Seasonic S12II-620 620 Watts PSU
Processor : i5 2500k 3.3ghz processor
Motherboard : Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R Rev 1.0
RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 mhz 4 GB (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9) (2X4gb) (9-9-9-24)
Grap. Card : Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX560 AMP edition
Boot Drive : Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HDD : Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD Internal Hard Drive (ST1000DM003)
UPS : Emerson – 1KVA

I assembled this a few months ago and all was going good until a couple of days back it just froze during FIFA 13 and I had to hard reset it. Since then I have not been able to get this PC functional. It continuously reboots and freezes, though there is no pattern:
- switches on, fans come on and reboots in less than 2 seconds and enters a boot loop.
- Switches on, reaches the "post" screen and then boot loops.
- loads windows, allows me to log in and within a minute or two freezes and boot loops.
- occasional blue screens of death.

What all I have tried till now:
-Tried interchanging the RAM slots - no help.
-Tried working out with just one RAM (using one by one to ensure if one of the sticks was faulty) - no help.
-Tried using channel 3&4 instead of 1&2 - No help
-Tried putting a 1333 mhz 2gb RAM in only one slot, this somehow helped. The PC switched on and was stable. I managed to switch off the PC safely and restore my 2X4gb ram stick. The PC booted well and without any trouble. I managed to run FIFA 13 for a few hours too. I thought the PROBLEM was over, however when I tried to play one of the Blue Ray Rip of around 18gigs, the same problem happened again and the PC went back to the same state, "no particular pattern- boot loop state". I tried repeating the same process - no help.

A couple of times however I received an error message mentioning that I am experiencing hardware trouble due to overclocking gone wrong (do not remember the exact words), but I haven't done any at all.

Any idea what could be wrong?

More about : freezes restarts bootloops

January 26, 2013 11:38:14 PM

Unplug computer from wall outlet, then clear CMOS as directed by oweners manual, enter BIOS and load factory defaults or select load optimized defaults, save and exit. you may have to manually configure the BIOS the way you want later on.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
January 26, 2013 11:54:19 PM

you know what, these problems have been happening over and over and over again wherer the PCs just restart and random freezing etc etc

and for me everytime this was either because the bios need to be updated or the motherboard is dead please update your bios(if you havent already) and if that does not work then RMA your motherboard

update BIOS
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/308518-30-update-bios
m
l
Related resources
February 6, 2013 8:46:52 AM

knightdog56 said:
Unplug computer from wall outlet, then clear CMOS as directed by oweners manual, enter BIOS and load factory defaults or select load optimized defaults, save and exit. you may have to manually configure the BIOS the way you want later on.

I tried this already a few times but to no help.
m
l
!