Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Rangers Lead the Way

Last response: in News & Leisure
May 13, 2011 12:28:26 PM

I need some help with people who are familiar with overseas deployment.

Last week my cousin was deployed to Afghanistan. Im proud of this kid he first when in to be just your typical Army grunt, but after getting a perfect score on his physical exam they pushed him into airborne school, followed up by Ranger school. He spent a week in Kuwait and will spend the year in Afghanistan, not a city deployment either like bumfudge middle of nowhere.

He operates out of one of the 2 last Airborne Ranger units, his unit fought in WWII, stormed the beaches of Normandy, and have been involved in every major American conflict since then. Side note: Rangers have fought in every single American war even the revolution. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_Rangers

But I don't know what to do.....what kind of mail can I send him?
Just a letter?
How soon will he receive it?
Is it better to just email him and wait for him to get to a PC?
Is it possible to send a package? How large?

Anyone have experience with family deployment (or any deployment in general)?
Any Rangers checking this forum?
Can any soldiers give me an idea of what life will be like on deployment? How much shite is this kid in for?
What should I do when he comes back? Give him some time? Get him shitehoused and go to the titty bars?

I told him to either put stuff up on youtube or mail me some vids, if he does ill post them.

More about : rangers lead

May 13, 2011 7:41:27 PM

Indeed. I've sent a few things to friends over the past few years when they were serving in Afghanistan and Iraq. Just like oldmangamer mentioned, simple things like long lasting food, magazines, etc... My friends seemed to like getting the simple things to remind them of home and of course, a little different cuisine. In regard to magazines, I'm not sure of the army policy, but the magazines I sent (let's say they were "R rated") seemed to get to the guys.
May 14, 2011 11:41:49 PM

can i send liquor or alcohol theres a kind of maple whiskey you can only get around here, he loves that shite.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 17, 2011 3:37:27 PM

Tip: Don't send food and scented products together. Several weeks in transit at 120°F+ temperatures will result in deodorant-flavored cookies.

Classic ...

here is one from the list I think would be ideal for the netbook / notebook / usb HDD / cameras / phones etc:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009XVLO?ie=UTF8&tag...
September 12, 2011 3:41:25 PM

This topic has been closed by Reynod
!