Problem with DirectCD and InCD

MadCarrot

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
Having just replaced my old Yamaha 4416 with a Plextor 2410, I have run into a problem, both with Roxio's DirectCD and Nero's InCD, both with the latest upgrades.

When I eject the first CD-R, I get the dreaded BSOD with the following:

Invalid VXD dynamic link call from AFL(01)+000019F6 to device "4103", service 2.
Your Windows configuration is invalid. Run the Windows setup program to correct this problem.

It appeared to work fine with just Windows 98 alone, but once I began to install other software, the problem returned, leading me to believe it's a software conflict, but where to look?

System :
AMD Athlon 1.33GHz
Asus A7M266/1005 BIOS rev.
512MB PC-2100
Primary IDE master and slave - Maxtor 40GB HD
Secondary master - Pioneer DVD-116 DVD-ROM
Secondary slave - Plextor W2410TA CD-RW

HELP!!!

MC

Toejam31

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
There are incompatibility issues between Roxio and Nero products. I'd advise you to choose just one program, and uninstall the other.

Note: InCD does not support writing to CD-Rs. Please use CD-RWs instead.

I would highly suggest the use of <A HREF="http://www.nero.com/en/download.htm" target="_new">Nero 5.5.6.4</A> with the new Plextor.

It might be necessary for you to reinstall the operating system to correct any Registry corruption.

I would also recommend upgrading the <A HREF="http://www.plextor.com/english/support/downloads/firm_2410.html" target="_new">firmware</A> for the new drive to the latest version.

Toejam31

<font color=red>My Rig:</font color=red> <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=6847" target="_new"><font color=green>Toejam31's Tantalizing Tantric Toy</font color=green></A>

<font color=purple>"Procrastination on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."</font color=purple>

BGates2B

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I agree, however.......

I find that directCD is better for writing CD-RW and reading them on other machines. True, Ahead offers the UDF reader for INCD but I couldn't get it to work. I also know several other people that had trouble. The DirectCD works better when using it "as a floppy" and I found no compatibility issues between DirectCD (only DirectCD, don't install EasyCDCreator) and Nero 5.5.6.4.

Intel = Ford
AMD = Chevy
Friends don't let friends drive Fords

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Offhand, I cannot think of anything that *will* coexist with DirectCD.

Yet, other than DirectCD, I cannot think of anything that *will not* coexist with Nero, CloneCd, Winoncd, CdrWin, NTI Cdmaker, Sony Extreme cd, Feurio, Fantomcd, or Blindwrite/read.

MadCarrot

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
Sorry. Obviously didn't make myself clear. I have the probelm with DirectCD and InCD individually. I started with DirectCD 5.02, found the problem, uninstalled it, put InCD 5.5.6.4 on..same problem. Roxio say it's system specific and can't solve it by E-mail, so they want me to use an overseas helpline!

MC

Magic_Robertson

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2002
im not sure i understand what your saying totely but i got a <font color=red>sony</font color=red> cd righter (note the spelling) and i got directcd
and it runs fine with adpetech(sp?) easy cd creater

so what i think you were saying was directcd dont work with many programes.. well it works with that one.

sorry i cant be much more help.

im a boring old fart and a crazy loon.
im also a mad alcoholic git but do that matter! :smile:

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
"I would highly suggest the use of Nero 5.5.6.4 with the new Plextor."

just as a side note Nero 5.5.7.2 is available now

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Computers run on smoke, I let the smoke out of mine and it quit working </b> </font color=blue>

Toejam31

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Cool!! Thanks for the info!

Time for an update. :wink:

(The new version wasn't available at the time I made the post.)

Toejam31

<font color=red>My Rig:</font color=red> <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=6847" target="_new"><font color=green>Toejam31's Tantalizing Tantric Toy</font color=green></A>

<font color=purple>"Procrastination on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."</font color=purple>