My PC Screen will keep on flashing(goes black) when I open my computer, when pla

rknatikar

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
Hi,

My PC Screen will keep on flashing(goes black) when I open my computer, when playing HD movies , playing games.. even if i give refresh..

i am facing same problem...
my monitor is LG 18.5inch.
Asrock motherboard, inter P4 processor 2.80GHz speed.

I checked almost al the tricks like...
my cable is correct..
I installed even monitor and VGA latest drivers...
I thought may be ram issue then I increased RAM 1GB to 2GB...
My C drive memory also full fry(more memory)...

Still same problem continued...

Please anybody know what may be the problem...

Plz give some solutions...

stant1rm

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
You have a pretty old computer. I assume since you didn't state otherwise that you have an integrated Intel GMA graphics controller. It could be failing on you, normal hardware fail rates are around 8-10 years, which means it's getting to be about that time. If you wish, you can always order a very cheap PCI video card and see if that fixes the problem.

MC_K7

Distinguished
+1 stant1rm

Based on the details you given, it's either the monitor or the video card. But it's certainly not RAM or Hard Drive. You could try the monitor on another PC to see if it does the same thing. You can also borrow a second monitor if you can and try it on your PC. This way you could rule out if it is the video card or monitor.

djscribbles

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
It could also simply be the VGA cable itself has internal broken wires, this would be especially true if your monitor blanks out if you wiggle the desk or something. I would try to find a new cable somewhere and try that before replacing major components.