First build compatibility questions

ginopas

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2013
I'm putting together a PC that will do everything for the foreseeable future, meaning it will run any game, pro-level video/sound editing/recording, 3-D modeling/rendering etc. at the highest settings without a hitch for the next few years for as cheap as possible. I don't plan on overclocking till I need to. My main monitor will be around a 40inch LED, 1080p, 60htz TV connected through HDMI that I'm still shopping for.

I'm looking for the most bang for the buck. Aren't we all?

I'm going with AMD's FX-8350 mainly because it's fastest out of the box and it's closest competition is the i7 which is $100 more expensive.
I'm also going with the Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card since the next best thing seems to be a substantial price jump.

Each of those are $200. My original budget was $500 and I'm also getting a 128gb ssd and 16gb 1600 DDR3, which brings my total close to $600 without a Motherboard. I already have a 600watt power supply and a case. Am I missing anything I need?

I was going to go with the Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, but I've been seeing posts talking about compatibility issues with the 8350. Apparently a BIOS upgrade fixes the problem, but can this lead to issues down the line?

Any bottleneck or compatibility issues with my CPU/GPU/Mobo combo?

What motherboard would be best and what motherboard would be best for around $100?

Thanks for your help!
Gino

Because the motherboard was probably built b4 the release of the 8350 the BIOS does not have a profile to support it .

The update is simple enough .

For around $100 the best board s IMO are the Asrock 970 extreme4 , or ASUS M5A97 evo . For your usage probably the ASUS which is higher quality , but can only run one graphics card [ which you dont seem to need] .

The rev 2.0 should have the latest processor support . But any AM3+ motherboard might need a BIOS update to run an FX 8350.
Ask the vendor b4 you buy . They may even flash the BIOS for you