Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Help me pick one of these cases?

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 26, 2013 10:04:47 PM

hey guys im trying to find a good gaming case that will keep my i5 3570k gtx 460 matx mobo im thinking to get one of these mid tower cases help me ? or if u got better cheaper cases please let me know

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

REPSOTED LINKS ty

More about : pick cases

a c 136 B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
January 26, 2013 10:24:04 PM



your links dont work

and names would be helpful

and then just buy a Silverstone TJ 08e anyway
January 26, 2013 10:57:22 PM

re updtated links
Related resources
January 26, 2013 11:05:09 PM

isnt the rosewill one good and how is the corsairs? i need more fans inside x;
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
January 26, 2013 11:07:26 PM

The HAF 912 is superior.
The corsair for a budget solid case.
January 26, 2013 11:22:35 PM

it has like 3 fans tho shud i order more for HAF?
a c 136 B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
January 26, 2013 11:24:14 PM

why use a mid tower when you have an m-ATX motherboard?
January 26, 2013 11:51:18 PM

well i have matx atm and it gets really hot lot of ppl told me to get mid tower
January 26, 2013 11:54:13 PM

b/c lot of ppl recommended me to gwt mid tower b/c i recently got new cpu mobo ram and it runs hotter than my old 5 year old cpu and my gpu is high idle temp as well heres the pic
http://postimage.org/image/m7iuy6hwz/
a c 136 B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
January 27, 2013 12:05:16 AM

The size of your case wont make any difference to cooling , but a bad case is a bad case . Your pic shows small fans and a not much room
What are your temps?

The HAF is a good case and it will work well

But if you want to stay with a smaller case then the TJ 08e will cool as well as any
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
January 27, 2013 12:08:16 AM

The HAF 912 supports matx, it's a good case, you'll have good airflow and space.
And what's best you'll have a case for future builds, that case is very solid.
January 27, 2013 12:12:21 AM

Outlander_04 said:
The size of your case wont make any difference to cooling , but a bad case is a bad case . Your pic shows small fans and a not much room
What are your temps?

The HAF is a good case and it will work well

But if you want to stay with a smaller case then the TJ 08e will cool as well as any


Im getting high 30s lows 40s idle it used to run at lows 30s befor ei changed new cpu n mobo ram
January 27, 2013 12:13:45 AM

djangoringo said:
The HAF 912 supports matx, it's a good case, you'll have good airflow and space.
And what's best you'll have a case for future builds, that case is very solid.


okay thanks it dosen't matter if it have like 3 fans like the rosewill link i put up right? im geussing everyone is saying get the HAF one even tho it has 1 or 2 fans its better?
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
January 27, 2013 12:15:09 AM

the Haf 912 has more room to fit stuff in, the Challenger will probably run cooler at stock, stuff.

In my opinion, if you plan on having alot of internal drives, pick the challenger
Cooling at stock, Challenger
Size advantage - haf 912
Modability - haf 912(ive seen some decent mods with the case)
January 27, 2013 12:18:45 AM

dudewitbow said:
the Haf 912 has more room to fit stuff in, the Challenger will probably run cooler at stock, stuff.

In my opinion, if you plan on having alot of internal drives, pick the challenger
Cooling at stock, Challenger
Size advantage - haf 912
Modability - haf 912(ive seen some decent mods with the case)


thanks,I only have and will have 1 HDD i had another thread they also said HAF and should i get another 120mm fan or is it not needed? i also have one in my current computer shud i use that to not sure if its 120mm see pic

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
January 27, 2013 12:21:27 AM
Share

taran11 said:
thanks,I only have and will have 1 HDD i had another thread they also said HAF and should i get another 120mm fan or is it not needed? i also have one in my current computer shud i use that to not sure if its 120mm see pic




if you have one drive, I would recommend the HAF then. You dont need the 120mm fan, the difference between ambient temperatures in the case will be at the most a few degrees off on a bad day. Purchase one when you think you need one.

edit: i just remembered, the 912 has more drive bays, i forgot the middle section was removable.
January 27, 2013 12:30:29 AM

Best answer selected by taran11.
!