My Direct3D is all messed up!

CPU: Pentium III Processor
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 3 Ti200, Driver 66.93
DirectX Version: 9.0c

When I run the DXDiag diagnostic tool, I first do the DirectDraw tests.
They are fine, but the Direct3D tests are not. The spinning cube that should
have the DirectX logo on it now has merely colored lines and flashing pixels.
Sometimes even a whole section of the cube is black or missing. Is there
anything I can do to correct this problem? Here are the error codes for it:

Direct3D 7 test results: Failure at step 32 (User verification of Direct3D
rendering): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)

Direct3D 8 test results: Failure at step 32 (User verification of Direct3D
rendering): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)

Direct3D 9 test results: Failure at step 32 (User verification of Direct3D
rendering): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)

Please help me! I appreciate any and all advice except "Format and Reinstall."

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:07:05 -0800, Yery wrote:

> CPU: Pentium III Processor
> Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 3 Ti200, Driver 66.93
> DirectX Version: 9.0c
>
> When I run the DXDiag diagnostic tool, I first do the DirectDraw tests.
> They are fine, but the Direct3D tests are not. The spinning cube that should
> have the DirectX logo on it now has merely colored lines and flashing pixels.
> Sometimes even a whole section of the cube is black or missing. Is there
> anything I can do to correct this problem? Here are the error codes for it:
>
> Direct3D 7 test results: Failure at step 32 (User verification of Direct3D
> rendering): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)
>
> Direct3D 8 test results: Failure at step 32 (User verification of Direct3D
> rendering): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)
>
> Direct3D 9 test results: Failure at step 32 (User verification of Direct3D
> rendering): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)
>
> Please help me! I appreciate any and all advice except "Format and Reinstall."

Un-install and re-install the video drivers, if smae problem roll back to
older drivers, the latest aren't necessarily the best, especially for an
older card like the GeForce 3. Also make sure that the motherboard drivers
are up to date as well...
--
All the Best
Katy Pluta

"Katy P." wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:07:05 -0800, Yery wrote:
>
> > CPU: Pentium III Processor
> > Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 3 Ti200, Driver 66.93
> > DirectX Version: 9.0c
> >
> > When I run the DXDiag diagnostic tool, I first do the DirectDraw tests.
> > They are fine, but the Direct3D tests are not. The spinning cube that should
> > have the DirectX logo on it now has merely colored lines and flashing pixels.
> > Sometimes even a whole section of the cube is black or missing. Is there
> > anything I can do to correct this problem? Here are the error codes for it:
> >
> > Direct3D 7 test results: Failure at step 32 (User verification of Direct3D
> > rendering): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)
> >
> > Direct3D 8 test results: Failure at step 32 (User verification of Direct3D
> > rendering): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)
> >
> > Direct3D 9 test results: Failure at step 32 (User verification of Direct3D
> > rendering): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)
> >
> > Please help me! I appreciate any and all advice except "Format and Reinstall."
>
> Un-install and re-install the video drivers, if smae problem roll back to
> older drivers, the latest aren't necessarily the best, especially for an
> older card like the GeForce 3. Also make sure that the motherboard drivers
> are up to date as well...
> --
> All the Best
> Katy Pluta

Katy P.,

How do I find out what my motherboard drivers are?

Hi Yery,

Here's how to update your motherboard (chipset) drivers:
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html#v11

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"Yery" <Yery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0FE0112-B4AF-4C62-8E2C-D2087484EC19@microsoft.com...
> Katy P.,
>
> How do I find out what my motherboard drivers are?

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

I run a GeForce 3 Ti200 and use driver version 52.16 and have no issues at
all. I've played games that others have had trouble with, who are using
later drivers.