Sign in with
Your question
Closed

"NO VIDEO INPUT" when VGA cable is plugged in to onboard graphics

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 11, 2012 2:40:57 PM

Hello,

My dedicated graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce GT 530) is broken. So, I want to use onboard graphics. I enabled iGPU Dual-Monitor and changed amount of memory to 128MB. When I did that, Windows 7 recognized the onboard graphics and installed it. According to the Device Manager, it's working properly. But the monitor keeps displaying "NO VIDEO INPUT". Yes I know that the BIOS is automatically disabling onboard graphics when a dedicated graphics card is installed. But the "Initiate Graphics Adapter" is set to PEG/iGPU, which means that you can use both of them. Still, it won't display anything when it's plugged in to the onboard graphics. Help!!

P.S: I know how to fix this (removing dedicated graphics card), but this voids my computer's warranty, so I can't remove it.
a b U Graphics card
December 11, 2012 2:45:58 PM

Remove the PCI-E card.
Score
December 11, 2012 2:50:46 PM

groundrat said:
Remove the PCI-E card.

It only has 1 PCI-E card installed (the GPU). Yes that will work, but that's voiding my PC's warranty (ASUS's s***ty Warranty Service). I don't want to void it, because it could be a last resort when my PC has other problems.
Score
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 11, 2012 3:06:44 PM

Otherwise find an authorized service center and have them change out the PCI-e card. Until you do its a paperwieght.
Score

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
December 11, 2012 3:07:20 PM

If your under warranty, call Asus, they have to provide you with some solution considering the GPU is bad and it is still warrantied, they may offer another solution or authorize you to remove your GPU.
December 11, 2012 3:29:48 PM

chugot9218 said:
If your under warranty, call Asus, they have to provide you with some solution considering the GPU is bad and it is still warrantied, they may offer another solution or authorize you to remove your GPU.

Thanks. I will do that soon.
Score
December 11, 2012 3:29:59 PM

Best answer selected by Win2K.
Score
!