"NO VIDEO INPUT" when VGA cable is plugged in to onboard graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win2K

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Hello,

My dedicated graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce GT 530) is broken. So, I want to use onboard graphics. I enabled iGPU Dual-Monitor and changed amount of memory to 128MB. When I did that, Windows 7 recognized the onboard graphics and installed it. According to the Device Manager, it's working properly. But the monitor keeps displaying "NO VIDEO INPUT". Yes I know that the BIOS is automatically disabling onboard graphics when a dedicated graphics card is installed. But the "Initiate Graphics Adapter" is set to PEG/iGPU, which means that you can use both of them. Still, it won't display anything when it's plugged in to the onboard graphics. Help!!

P.S: I know how to fix this (removing dedicated graphics card), but this voids my computer's warranty, so I can't remove it.

Solution
If your under warranty, call Asus, they have to provide you with some solution considering the GPU is bad and it is still warrantied, they may offer another solution or authorize you to remove your GPU.

Win2K

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

It only has 1 PCI-E card installed (the GPU). Yes that will work, but that's voiding my PC's warranty (ASUS's s***ty Warranty Service). I don't want to void it, because it could be a last resort when my PC has other problems.

chugot9218

Honorable
If your under warranty, call Asus, they have to provide you with some solution considering the GPU is bad and it is still warrantied, they may offer another solution or authorize you to remove your GPU.

Solution

Win2K

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

Thanks. I will do that soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.