MB Gigabyte|GA-970A-DS3 870 AM3+
VGA FXF|FX-787A-CDBC HD7870 2GB
PSU Corsair|TX650 V2 650W
MEM 8Gx2|GSKIL F3-12800CL10D-16GBXL
HD 1T|WD 7K 64M SATAlll WD1002FAEX
Linksys wireless adapter
Windows 7 64-bit

The problem:

My computer will randomly go to a blank screen. My computer doesn't shut off, my screen just goes blank. Most of the time I can still hear sounds, sometimes I cant, and sometimes I can for a second and then the sounds skips and then quits out. The screens have been black, grey, white, blue. Sometimes they have thin vertical lines sometimes they don't. The most common are black and white with out the lines. When I restart my computer it takes a pretty good while to load my desktop. (A minute or so, a lot slower than usual).

When it does it:

Random. It is happens almost every time I use 3ds Max or blender though. It sometimes will do it when I'm just browsing the web. The one time it doesn't do it is when I play games. I played Battlefield 3 on ultra graphics for 8 hours straight one day and not once did it do it. I play racing games all the time and nothing, never crashes.

Errors I get from every reboot after a crash:

#1. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, r lost power unexpectedly.

#2. Session "Microsoft Security Client 00BE" stopped due to following error: 0xC00000D

#3. Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0

What I have tried to fix the issue:

Re-seat RAM and GPU
Reconnected all power to hardware
Checked temps
Updated all drivers
Uninstalled and reinstalled up to date drivers for GPU, Monitor, and Motherboard
Virus Scan
Updated BIOS
RMA'd my GPU

It can't be my monitor because when my GPU was getting RMA'd, I used my laptop on the monitor and had no issue. Im lost hear and have run out of ideas.

Thanks for your time.
January 28, 2013 7:32:06 PM

try to check your hdd with diagnostics software form wd.
overall, doesnt sound like cpu problem , so, i think, you must have gotten bad motherboard sample
m
l
!