Screen tearing with maxframerate = 4

JagoLaygo

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
All my games have screen tearing, even with vsync on. D3DOverride and catalyst control center are both set to force vsync but it still occures. As an experiment, I set my max frame rate in a few different games to be exactly 4, very low frame rate. There is still very obvious screen tearing in every frame. I tried to take a screenshot, but for some reason the screenshot never captures the screen tearing (however, every frame is obviously torn.) Do I need a new graphics card?

JagoLaygo

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
I just tested an HDMI cable + HD Panasonic TV and the screen tearing is the same.

I also saw screen tearing in MSPaint! I took a screenshot of my desktop and pasted it in MS Paint, then selected all, then moved the image around, which caused screen tearing effects to occur on the moving image.

djscribbles

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
Specs?

If your card is under warranty (usually 2 or 3 years, sometimes longer) you can possibly get it repaired. But it kinda sounds like it's either the card or drivers.

Have you changed drivers around the time the problem began? Do you have any other programs running (my wife's computer has jitters when she has firefox open for some reason, could be similar)?

Do you have the ability to try VGA, it could be a problem with the digital communication, and analog may not have the issue (to determine if the card has an issue with DVI and HDMI).

JagoLaygo

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/12/12/12/5vm.png
5vm.png

i dont know how to change drivers, and the card doesnt support VGA