Building a Graphics & Gaming PC

jurouisuko

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
I'm trying to find the perfect components to build a PC that would suit all of my requirements and needs while at the same time
being rather affordable.

I've researched newegg previously with some assistance and "HAD" an idea of what I wanted but lost the majority of that info.

I'm looking into Comuter Graphic softwares like Autodesk Maya, and Photoshop CS6 to name some and looking into the having the
power to game on a rather serious level if the need arose.

I need, well generally everything.

I know I want 2 SSDs and a 1-3TB HDD
But I need some assistance with the rest of the build since I've never built one before
I want a tower capable of adjustments and a sufficient cooling system with a great power source
room for upgrades of course an obviously good videocard and motherboard along with CPU and
memory units for sufficient RAM.

Some advice and general points in the right directions will be greatly appreciated

jurouisuko

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
sorry about that. At least I have some format to go by now.

Approximate Purchase Date: before Thursday

Budget Range: I'm looking for a 2-2.5k range, but will top out at 3k if necessary

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Computer Grahics, Gaming, Video editing, etc.

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Parts to Upgrade: EVERYTHING

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.com

Parts Preferences: Again looking for the best of the best here or close enough

Overclocking: Not sure, never done it not sure how it works

SLI or Crossfire: IDK

Your Monitor Resolution: Not entirely sure yet but obviously looking into the best resolution for what I'm trying to do

Additional Comments: I'm looking for power and aesthetics. Again the best for the buck if you know what I mean and I'd like it to be all purchased by Thursday

I currently only have a laptop that I've been using for about 3 years now, and it's kinda running it's due and if I was gonna get a new PC I want it to be what I need it to be

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($569.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock X79 Extreme6 ATX LGA2011 Motherboard ($228.49 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($193.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial M4 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($179.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 4GB Video Card ($419.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional 750W 80 PLUS Silver Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VS239H-P 23.0" Monitor ($183.98 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VS239H-P 23.0" Monitor ($183.98 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $2405.36
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-29 03:58 EST-0500)

dual monitor will help a lot in video editing/multitasking. i pick dual 23 ips panel :)
3930k is 8 cores intel i7

jurouisuko

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

Sweet. That looks awesome so far. Now the last thing I've got to say is I've got some opinions over here and generally the only thing they agree on that isn't the BEST idea would be the CPU as they deem it too powerful and rather unnecessary for what I'm doing. Have any opinion on this or do you know of a CPU which is not as powerful but can deliver what I want to a great efficiency?
And what about a suitable soundcard if one's necessary?
I'm trying to not only build a powerful PC but one with all the necessities as well. As i said before I'm unsure of what
I necessarily need, what goes with what and etc.