Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Computer turns off then back on at random time intervals...

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • RAM
  • Computer
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
January 27, 2013 4:39:12 AM

It just started doing it this morning when I was turning my computer back on. It did it like twice whenever I first upgraded my RAM and upgraded to Intel (Mobo and CPU). I already tried taking out the RAM and just leaving in the RAM I knew would work. I also tried replacing the standoffs and removing some of them. I'm not sure what else to do, any suggestions would be appreciated.

More about : computer turns back random time intervals

a b B Homebuilt system
January 27, 2013 4:50:13 AM

hunter d said:
It just started doing it this morning when I was turning my computer back on. It did it like twice whenever I first upgraded my RAM and upgraded to Intel (Mobo and CPU). I already tried taking out the RAM and just leaving in the RAM I knew would work. I also tried replacing the standoffs and removing some of them. I'm not sure what else to do, any suggestions would be appreciated.

check that the mb bios is updated..some mb with new ram need new code to boot and post fine. if the bios is fine download hardware monitor and watch your power supply voltages. could be a bad power supply or your system has a fan/heat issue.
i would open the case and make sure none of the wires are jaming the fans and that the system is dust free and fans are moving.
m
l
January 27, 2013 4:55:08 AM

Okay, I completely took it apart and put it back together to make sure nothing was wrong with the wiring and things. What should my PSU volts be at? It's a 550w OCZ Fatality.
m
l
January 27, 2013 3:36:31 PM

Any other suggestions?
m
l