Sims 2 direct x problem

When ever i try to download directx for sims 2 it tells me that 'CABINET
FILES CANNOT BE TRUSTED'. and so then i was told to uninstall direct x. it
still dosnt work and now when i try to open the game up it tells me D:/ is
not a valid Win32 application. but it never did that before. what do i do i
just want to play this game! please please please help me. :'(
1 answer Last reply
More about sims direct problem

    "Maybe" <Maybe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When ever i try to download directx for sims 2 it tells me that 'CABINET
    > FILES CANNOT BE TRUSTED'. and so then i was told to uninstall direct x. it
    > still dosnt work and now when i try to open the game up it tells me D:/ is
    > not a valid Win32 application. but it never did that before. what do i do
    > just want to play this game! please please please help me. :'(

    Hello Maybe 8-)

    I think to start with we need to go over the steps on how you uninstalled
    DirectX? Uninstalling it, is technically not possible since it's a
    component of Windows - so you could well of damaged your Windows install.
    So if you could post back with what steps you took to remove it, or a URL to
    a guide on how to remove it, it would be helpful.

    Next up to determine if DirectX is still working.

    Does DXDIAG still work ok?

    Start
    >Run
    -> Type dxdiag and hit enter

    This will bring up the DirectX Diagnostic tool, if you run through the tests
    on the various tabs and make sure it's all working, and then ideally paste
    in your dxdiag file (click save all information at the bottom and paste into
    a reply).

    --
    Paul Smith,
    Yeovil, UK.