Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Rate my first build 1/10

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 27, 2013 7:32:11 AM

Rate my system, /10 !!

ASUS GTX 670 4GB
Intel Core i5 2500k
NZXT Tempest 410 elite
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
WD Green 1TB
Rosewill Capstone 750M (80+ Gold)
Kingston HyperX 3K 90GB
Kingston HyperX 8GB ram
Corsair H55 silent edition

Thanks :D 

i mostly will be playing BF3, CoD4 and Black Ops 2.

More about : rate build

January 27, 2013 7:38:31 AM

all god man but change psu to more reliable brand
January 27, 2013 7:39:06 AM

Well what's a 1 and what's a 10?
Related resources
January 27, 2013 7:39:39 AM

1 is lowest 10 is best
January 27, 2013 8:50:33 AM

8/10

Great system overall, some points deducted for the HDD, CPU and cooler.
January 27, 2013 12:21:21 PM

average. this is much better
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zRQl

-no slow hard drives
-slightly better CPU
-no cheapo watercooler
-better performing video card for cheaper
-better case
-better mobo
-bigger SSD
-ram that is 1.5v
January 27, 2013 12:44:09 PM

TheBigTroll said:
average. this is much better
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zRQl

-no slow hard drives
-slightly better CPU
-no cheapo watercooler
-better performing video card for cheaper
-better case
-better mobo
-bigger SSD
-ram that is 1.5v


Your name is fitting. GCN is not yet ready for mainstream gaming use.

http://techreport.com/review/23981/radeon-hd-7950-vs-ge...

Anyway, OP, we'd need pics and some kind of idea of how the PC will be used (what games and res, for example) before being able to rate it.
January 27, 2013 6:42:39 PM

i have used both. they feel about the same. just that the 7970 doesnt have physx for borderlands but i dont play it much anyways. yes, a 7950 will get more frames than a 660ti but it can sometimes have micro-stuttering.
January 27, 2013 7:10:01 PM

TheBigTroll said:
Yes, a 7950 will get more frames than a 660ti but it can sometimes have micro-stuttering.


The same goes for all GCN cards currently. The micro-stuttering as actually very frequent, but obviously one just doesn't notice it when the stutter is from 10ms frame times to 20ms frame times - it still feels no worse than a solid 50FPS.
January 27, 2013 7:19:08 PM

so your argument is almsot invalid. i see
January 27, 2013 7:29:14 PM

TheBigTroll said:
so your argument is almsot invalid. i see


On the contrary! When both cards are getting 100FPS (i.e. average frame time of 10ms), that's when we don't care and we might as well have bought a GTX460.

At all other times, GCN's stuttering becomes an issue.
January 27, 2013 7:54:51 PM

they both play at near-max or max settings in most games with above 30fps
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/550?vs=647

my friend's brother picked up 4 of them when amazon had a glitch selling them for 99 bucks apiece. he took one and he didnt notice anything wrong even in metro
January 27, 2013 7:59:11 PM

TheBigTroll said:
they both play at near-max or max settings in most games with above 30fps
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/550?vs=647

my friend's brother picked up 4 of them when amazon had a glitch selling them for 99 bucks apiece. he took one and he didnt notice anything wrong even in metro


Anandtech only benchmarks throughput, it's meaningless. Techreport or bust for graphics testing. Your brother probably wasn't pushing it that hard then, even in metro.

I have rustled jimmies on this issue because I moved from 470SLI to a single 7970 having seen the 7970 pwn at higher resolutions in benchmarks (I play at 3840*2400 - my monitor is an IBM T221). Unfortunately I had to actually turn settings down in the games I play on the 7970.
January 27, 2013 8:01:59 PM

13.2 beta coming this week supposedly fixes the frame time issues on GCN cards, although the issue has been vastly overstated in my opinion. Most people never even noticed the stuttering until the Tech Report story...
January 27, 2013 8:49:09 PM

majin ssj eric said:
13.2 beta coming this week supposedly fixes the frame time issues on GCN cards.


In some games, which have been out for a very long time now.

I never understood the issue until the Techreport article, but it or something very like it certainly existed.
!