Will all the components in my gaming build be compatible?

Chappers247

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Hello,
I'm about to order the components for my new build and I'm wondering if it'll all be compatible together. This is my first build so I don't want it to fail.

The specs:
CPU AMD Athlon II X3 Tri Core 450 3.20GHz
Motherboard Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 AMD 760G
RAM 8GB DDR3 1333mhz
GPU AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB
Case Corsair Carbide 200R
PSU 500W Xigmatek
Please note:
I have managed to find a optical drive and 320gb HDD so that isn't included in what i'm ordering.
Also, how will it stand playing modern games?

hillmanant

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
Hello Chappers :hello:
I'll start by saying yes they are compatible. That being said IMO I think you can do better, there are some things you've listed that aren't so great. And some that look good. Your price range would help us suggest components more easily, till then I'm shooting in the dark.

The CPU- I would trade it for the AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb, this thing when overclocked can KICK AZZZ! I would utilize an aftermarket cooler like this ZALMAN.

The Ram you have suggested is 1333 mhz which is the lowest the MOBO supports I would suggest something at the DDR3 1866mhz like the G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866 (PC3 14900)

And the video card- the 1 gig 7770 is 128 bit I think a specific card or link would help for suggestions. But I would go to like the XFX Double D Radeon HD 7970 Black Edition 3GB 384-bit for hella gaming ability long term.

The PSU is a bit small, if you think you may OC in the future or dual video cards I would go bigger like the Rosewill CAPSTONE Series CAPSTONE-750 W 80 Plus Gold Series.

Just my 2 cents do with it what you will.

DeusAres

Distinguished

Well, all seems to be compatible. It's not the best, but it'll do. What's your budget? I may be able to come up with something better.