Sign in with
Your question

Help with new build issues

Last response: in Systems
January 27, 2013 12:01:58 PM

Hey guys, this is a build I started working on....

Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core

Asrock H61M-HVS motherboard

Mushkin Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB)
DDR3-1333 Memory

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5"
7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 1GB

Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS
Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply

Well it all started with me not using an anti static wrist band or gloves. So my first 2 mobo's died... Not sure if I killed any other parts. On the previous mobo's the pc would constantly reboot,so I got anti- static gloves but on the new one it stays on and by luck yesterday the pc showed display on the screen when I accidently touched smt on the mobo ( not sure what that is ) and I could've used it... But then afterwards it doesn't show display after I turned it off and went outside for about a hour.

But after that 1 time the pc does not display or do anything.

I tried breadboarding and still nothing, I went through the sticky slowly! still no results.

I think my ram is dead, because when I take em out it makes the beeps , but when they are in it doesn't do a thing.

Could I have damaged the ram?
Can the pc display anything if the ram is damaged?

Can this board show display on screen without gpu in using onboard display?

What are the signs of any other parts being damaged?

And what can I do to get it running back?

Thank you!

More about : build issues

January 27, 2013 1:05:44 PM

most h61 mb need a bios update for the new ib cpu. did you check to see if the boards you had and returned had the newest bios on them?? most times the bios updates are for cpu and ram code or bug fix.
i worked on many system....never seen mb taken out by static unless you rub a cat or walking on carpet then touching the parts.
m
l
January 27, 2013 1:23:14 PM

I see, I was on regular tile... But I believe it died because the other board actually powered on and stayed on while the other kept rebooting...

How would I know if it has the most updated bios?
Now I got a third board.. Still no display, can u help?
m
l
January 27, 2013 5:19:17 PM

pull the gpu and plug the video cable into the onboard video port. bios 1.90 the first bios does have cpu codes for some ib cpus. if the bios label on the mb is higher then 1.90 it should post. most new mb the ipgpu is set as the first boot device.(on board video).
m
l
!