Maupie

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Hello,
What hard/software would I need to build a passive 3d system which is not too expensive? Games I would like to run smoothly are Mafia 2, La Noire, Battlefield 3, FarCry 3.
Any suggestions?

Grtz

Mau

crazypotato

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
you should be able to find passive 500 watt psus. There are passive cpu heatsinks around. ssds are passive, motherboards are passive, ram is passive. The hard thing is the gpu, but there are huge 4 slot gpus if you want them.

I suggest u go look at nofan.

Maupie

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Hi,

Sorry guys, for the lack of information when I posted my question. What I would like to do is build an affordable PC system for 3d gaming and watching 3d movies. I found out that passive 3d is more relaxed for your eyes and brain and has cheap lightweight glasses so that would be the thing for me, but the videocards that I found on the internet only support active 3d, the most popular one is from nVidia. I am surprised that in computerstores here in the Netherlands very little people can provide me with information about this subject. So I really hope someone here can help me out. Thanks in advance.

Maupie

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: this week

Budget Range: 600 euros

System Usage from Most to Least Important: 3d gaming, watching 3d movies

Are you buying a monitor: Yes, a cheap LG 3d monitor (200 euros)

Do you need to buy OS: No

Parts Preferences: no preference

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1200