Setting up precision x profile and questions about temp and fan speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

robotsdidyourmom

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
I have a Evga GTX670ftw
when im not doing anything on my card and im just in the desktop my temp is 28-32c fan speed is 30%
when im playing a game like borderlands 2 my temp usually goes to around 72c i haven't changed any of the settings so the fan speed is around 38%

I dont know if these temps are good or not i think 72c might be a little hot so i would like to set up a precision x profile for the fan speeds i don't really care about how loud it will be i cant notice any thing over 60% fan speed even at 70% it doesn't bother me much.
also what temps can damage my card?
and will having a fan at too high of a percentage decrease the overall life of the fan on my card and by how much?

Solution
the new gpu and cpu fans last for years..there rated in hours...not how fast the fan spins. the 30 percent speed is too keep the cards quiet...lot people complained on the older cards how loud they were. the newer card 80-90c is the max temp for them. it never a good thing to get a chip near it failing temp or voltage. i use ms afterburner for all my games..i have the card fan profile to max the fans out around 50c.
the new gpu and cpu fans last for years..there rated in hours...not how fast the fan spins. the 30 percent speed is too keep the cards quiet...lot people complained on the older cards how loud they were. the newer card 80-90c is the max temp for them. it never a good thing to get a chip near it failing temp or voltage. i use ms afterburner for all my games..i have the card fan profile to max the fans out around 50c.

Solution

robotsdidyourmom

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the long response time i had lost the email to this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.