BF2 - server problem?

Last response: in Video Games
July 20, 2005 6:11:41 PM

sigh - just when you think BF2 is working properly......

I played online fine last night - good pings, no crashes, fun games.

I come to play tonight - massive lag, very poor pings, punkbuster won't
update, finally can't login to account server.

I've spent 1.5 hours just trying to get into *any* multiplayer game.
If EA don't resolve these problems soon, then they might find another
game creeps up and steals all their players. Anyone know of any
similar games that have been coded properly?

More about : bf2 server problem

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 6:44:19 PM

.......So then, I decide to play singleplayer, but I have to wait unti
the "connecting to account server" times out before I can do
anything....

I'm going to dust off my copy of Kernighan and Ritchie. Someone at EA
obviously needs it.....
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 3:29:55 AM

Have the problem that the server is not connected.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Hans Pluijgers
Hamcall: PA3HGT
www.pa3hgt.nl

> sigh - just when you think BF2 is working properly......
>
> I played online fine last night - good pings, no crashes,
> fun games.
>
> I come to play tonight - massive lag, very poor pings,
> punkbuster won't update, finally can't login to account
> server.
>
> I've spent 1.5 hours just trying to get into *any*
> multiplayer game. If EA don't resolve these problems
> soon, then they might find another game creeps up and
> steals all their players. Anyone know of any similar
> games that have been coded properly?
July 21, 2005 3:34:55 AM

In article <1121895859.913421.120790@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
tangerine_sedge@hotmail.com says...
> ......So then, I decide to play singleplayer, but I have to wait unti
> the "connecting to account server" times out before I can do
> anything....

Why dont you make a SP offline account?
--
"Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and
beat you with experience."

Because I play 99.9% online multiplayer, so I've never bothered about
SP before. I'll have to do this I guess......
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 3:53:32 PM

In article <1121935427.582135.214290@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
tangerine_sedge@hotmail.com says...
> Because I play 99.9% online multiplayer, so I've never bothered about
> SP before. I'll have to do this I guess......

Me also allways online play.
But for quick testing etc... offline account can be handy.
--
"Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and
beat you with experience."
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 5:45:45 PM

I wish I'd created a single player account, the same connecting to
server problem is happening again.
!