Networking a printer

Last response: in Networking
August 4, 2005 1:41:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

Sort of new to networking, although I know somethings.

I just stuck a working JetDirect NIC into my LaserJet 4, and uploaded to it
a more recent firmware, so I know it's networked.

Now how in bloody hell to I print to it?

(One machine is WinME, another is XP Pro, and yet a 3rd is XP home)

More about : networking printer

August 4, 2005 5:37:23 PM

"ng_reader" <wilgrow_co@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Sort of new to networking, although I know somethings.
>
> I just stuck a working JetDirect NIC into my LaserJet 4, and uploaded to
> it
> a more recent firmware, so I know it's networked.
>
> Now how in bloody hell to I print to it?
>
> (One machine is WinME, another is XP Pro, and yet a 3rd is XP home)

I've tried manually setting ours up by IP, etc, but it never works. The only
thing that has worked is running the printer setup utility on the CD that
came with it. If you don't have yours, you can probably download it.

Richard
!