New Build, OS question

Polinter

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
Hello, I am almost ready to build my PC and I can get hold of Windows 7 for £15, however it does not include a disk, just a code, meaning I wouldn't be able to install without a disc (I assume). I will be able to request a back-up disc though, and was wondering whether this would work?

Thanks in advance!

tenaciousk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
Um, which site did you find that gives you a code for that price? if its the one im thinking of i do not believe its legit. Can you link the site? you might be getting ripped off.

Polinter

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
It's a special deal through a family members work, where you are given a discount code, so it is definitely legit. Thanks for the concern :)

u need a dvd to install windows 7, unless u know someone that owns windows7 and u make an .iso file and make a bootable usb version of windows7 and use ur serialcode.

but thats if u know someone, if not ull have to buy a retail or oem dvd for windows 7 sadly.

Polinter

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
Ok thank you, I'll just buy retail version then. On amazon I can get Win 7 or Win 8 for the same price (£70/$109). Which one is recommended for gaming. Also should I buy the full version or service pack 1?
Thanks