Pioneer CLD-1700 doesn't play LD???

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
February 12, 2005 7:26:09 PM

I recently purchased the Pioneer CLD-1700 LD-player on eBay to record
some NTSC-Laserdiscs on DVD. When I press the "Play" button, the player
starts to spin the disc but after some seconds it opens the drawer by
itself. There is no video signal or error message on the screen. It just
says "LASERDISC PLAY", "SIDE -A" and "OPEN". AFAIK the player should be
able to play NTSC discs. Or am I wrong? What could be the problem?

Thanks

Marcel

More about : pioneer cld 1700 play

Anonymous
February 12, 2005 9:41:33 PM

The CLD-1700 is a PAL-only LD-player. It won't play NTSC LD's.

Nico de Vries

"Marcel Schenderlein" <marcel.schenderlein@stud.tu-ilmenau.de> wrote in
message news:cul7ev$rj7$1@newsserver.rz.tu-ilmenau.de...

!