Closed Solved

My Budget Build ... RATE IT!

It's my budget build for 2013 Comment what you think!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zQow



CPU

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard

MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ Motherboard

Storage

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card

MSI Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card

Case

Cooler Master Storm Enforcer ATX Mid Tower Case $89.99

Power Supply

Antec Basiq Plus 550W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply

Optical Drive

Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer $15.98
25 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about budget build rate
  1. Downgrade on the case (Zalman Z9) and drop the heatsink and use stock, use the cash to upgrade to an FX-6300. Change the PSU to an XFX Core 550W or Corsair CX500

    You got no RAM either.

    Convenient, I had this build already in Part Picker.
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($129.99 @ Microcenter)
    Motherboard: ASRock 970 PRO3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($77.55 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($47.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($188.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Zalman Z11 ATX Mid Tower Case ($40.20 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($53.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $613.68
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-27 12:15 EST-0500)
  2. Best answer
    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zTia
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zTia/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zTia/benchmarks/

    CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($129.99 @ Microcenter)
    Motherboard: ASRock 970DE3/U3S3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($69.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($37.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($179.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Antec Neo Eco 620W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $553.90
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-27 12:22 EST-0500)

    Base Total: $592.71
    Mail-in Rebates: -$40.00
    Shipping: $4.99
    Total: $557.70

    :)
  3. Both show cpu price from Microcenter but their ads say in store pick up only. when you buy and pick up the 6300 you get a $40 bundle savings on compatible mobo when bought together.
  4. PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zTtB
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zTtB/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zTtB/benchmarks/

    Motherboard: ASRock 970DE3/U3S3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($69.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($37.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($179.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Antec Neo Eco 620W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Other: amd fx 6300 ($134.00)
    Total: $557.91
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-27 12:42 EST-0500)

    base Total: $592.92
    Mail-in Rebates: -$40.00
    Shipping: $4.99
    Total: $557.9

    fixed.
  5. By the looks of your rig.....mid range. Video card, Processor, and Power Supply is dead giveaway. However.... Where is the RAM?
  6. theres ram in my rig i recommanded
  7. 2 to 4 GB = Budget, 6-8GB= Mid-range, 10-16GB= High, and over 16 GB of RAM is Overkill.
  8. i always recommanded minimum 4gigs, and 8 for most. 16 is more for editing and professional design usages.
  9. On Newegg when you buy the motherboard i have you get 8gb ram free with it

    manofchalk said:
    Downgrade on the case (Zalman Z9) and drop the heatsink and use stock, use the cash to upgrade to an FX-6300. Change the PSU to an XFX Core 550W or Corsair CX500

    You got no RAM either.

    Convenient, I had this build already in Part Picker.
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($129.99 @ Microcenter)
    Motherboard: ASRock 970 PRO3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($77.55 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($47.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($188.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Zalman Z11 ATX Mid Tower Case ($40.20 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($53.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $613.68
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-27 12:15 EST-0500)
  10. except its 1stick of ram thats not a kit, and will only run in single channel.

    thats gonna cut in ur performance.
  11. below 400W is budget, 500 - 800W = Mid-range, 900-1000W= High, beyond 1000W is Extreme.... keep your eye on your electric bill.
  12. actually if its more energy efficient the ps, wont mater. also theres been test done for how much it cost to run a higher wattage ps versus lower and it was only 20$ at most per year or so.
  13. Just look MSI 970A-G46 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

    Free G.SKILL 8GB memory w/ purchase, limited offer <<<

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130637&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

    iceclock said:
    except its 1stick of ram thats not a kit, and will only run in single channel.

    thats gonna cut in ur performance.
  14. yeah i know but its 1stick of ram.
  15. with a power supply.....IT ALWAYS MATTER...if you use a video card with that acquires 400W with 30 amps but your PS is 800w with 25 amps......with will happen? Anyone?
  16. Could i buy an extra one of the same one to make it dual?
    iceclock said:
    yeah i know but its 1stick of ram.
  17. I've never seen a graphics card take that much lol

    darkmendez said:
    with a power supply.....IT ALWAYS MATTER...if you use a video card with that acquires 400W with 30 amps but your PS is 800w with 25 amps......with will happen? Anyone?
  18. answer...your PC will shut down less one hour cuz of low AMPS.
  19. when you buy a part for your PC......Check the Requirements before you buy.
  20. BTW.....the video cards today is that powerful.....people uses 1,2,3 an even 4 video cards to improve performance.
  21. darkmendez said:
    with a power supply.....IT ALWAYS MATTER...if you use a video card with that acquires 400W with 30 amps but your PS is 800w with 25 amps......with will happen? Anyone?


    There is only one modern card that consumes more than 400W, which is the HD7990.
    The PSU requirement specified in GPU specs also accounts for the CPU, you do not need 400W just for the card.
  22. iceclock said:
    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zTia
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zTia/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zTia/benchmarks/

    CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($129.99 @ Microcenter)
    Motherboard: ASRock 970DE3/U3S3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($69.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($37.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($179.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Antec Neo Eco 620W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $553.90
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-27 12:22 EST-0500)

    Base Total: $592.71
    Mail-in Rebates: -$40.00
    Shipping: $4.99
    Total: $557.70

    :)



    Can this build run battlefield 3 on ultra and record
  23. no but it wil run on high tho.

    also i was speaking energy coast wise, i already know about proper powersupplys to recommand via what the users gonna be using.
  24. iceclock said:
    no but it wil run on high tho.

    also i was speaking energy coast wise, i already know about proper powersupplys to recommand via what the users gonna be using.



    Can you send me like the best performing build under 600!
  25. Best answer selected by austinholland.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems Product