Should I get the Galaxy GTX 650 Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprix

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
Hello, I want to upgrade my old PNY GT 430 and my budget is between $130-140 I've always used Nvidia and would like to stick with them as much as possible.

My current specs are:

CPU: E5700 Dual Core @3.0Ghz
MOBO: Intel G41 chipset
RAM: 4Gb
HDD: 500Gb Barracuda 7200RPM
PSU: ATX 500w
MONITOR: SONY Bravia 32inches HD TV

After some searching I've found that the GTX 650 Ti has some nice features, decent power and needs less energy than most of the card at that range.

Any suggestions or advice will be appreciated

Solution
Yeah nVidia are capable of delivering far more consistently high performance than AMD are (I can post proof if AMD fanboys want to dispute that :p). With AMD you're getting much more up/down stop-start performance. The GTX650 Ti is pretty cool little card, will handle most (but not all games) at 1080p high settings and AA. Some of the more demanding games you'd have to drop settings or lose the AA. The GTX660 is an awesomely powerful card, not at all far off the GTX580. It will give a lot more future-proofing before another upgrade is needed (you're looking at easily 50% more performance).

4745454b

Titan
Looking at cards on newegg right now I'd agree. I still think saving up a bit more money and getting the 7850 is the better idea. But if $150 max is what you can do I didn't see anything that looked as good. Seems like the supply of other older cards is nearly done and anything else is either slower (7770) or more then $150. (7850)

The_OGS

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
You really need at least a GTX 660 to run stuff at 1920 x 1080...
The 650ti is kinda wimpy - but okay if you're not a gamer playing first-person shooters ie. putting 1000 hours into Skyrim etc.
Yes I too am nVidia only!
I'm gonna get meself a 660 (GTX 660ti is still too much coin).

Yeah nVidia are capable of delivering far more consistently high performance than AMD are (I can post proof if AMD fanboys want to dispute that :p). With AMD you're getting much more up/down stop-start performance. The GTX650 Ti is pretty cool little card, will handle most (but not all games) at 1080p high settings and AA. Some of the more demanding games you'd have to drop settings or lose the AA. The GTX660 is an awesomely powerful card, not at all far off the GTX580. It will give a lot more future-proofing before another upgrade is needed (you're looking at easily 50% more performance).

Solution

jblank

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012

That's not true at all. Before I got my hd 7850, I was using a GTX 550 Ti and playing everything at 1080p with most games running fairly close to maxed out, if not totally maxed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.