Core clock nowhere near advertised spec...RMA?

asylumdance

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
Hello,

I recently purchased an evga gtx 670 ftw P/N 02G-P4-2678-KR. I must say it hasn't been all that impressive so far, but I might have found out why and could use suggestions. I ran 3d mark 11 twice, once with stock settings and once with a very conservative overclock (gpu not cpu), and both times in the results I noticed that it listed the core clock on my gpu as 705 MHz. Specs say it should be 1006 MHz. Nvidia drivers are 306.97 (not beta). Does this indicate a faulty card meaning I need to RMA? Or is there something i might be missing?

asylumdance

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012

Ran Unigine Heaven dx11 maxed out, score at stock gpu settings was 1119, at same conservative OC 1146. Games are more than stable, but I personally don't know exactly what I kind of performance I SHOULD be getting considering my whole setup (listed in my profile). I paid $400 for this thing and would love to know its working as it should and that maybe something else is bottlenecking me.

Side note, why do applications like the ones you listed underclock your gpu? whats the point?

It is not actually at 705 Mhz in 3dmark11. That is just what 3dmark11 reports it was. You can use something like MSI Afterburner while 3dmark11 is running and watch the clocks yourself. I have with 680's, and it show a constant 1100mhz + core clock the whole time, but 3dmark11 reports it at 705mhz.

It might actually be the shader clock it reports, or its just erroneous data.