Computer Build for C# PROGRAMMING

bpfeff9677

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Hello,

I am very new to this field and I am currently learning
C#. I also tinker with drawing and photo editing with my Intouis 5
but with trying to upgrade my computer and the drawing tablet may not
not work. If their is a happy medium I could reach with both that would be great.
I have done a lot of research on all types of upgrades for computers, it has my head spinning.
which Processor, RAM, Hard Drive is best for me and thats why I am here.
I am on a budget and want a medium build for my computer but
dont know where to start. I would appreciate it for some imput
on this topic. I have a dell computer as of now and it is very slow.
Any advice would much aprreciated where to start, what to read, what
path should I take?

Thank you,

Bill

G

I'll start saying that i don't know who gave you this idea that the tablet will not work with a new computer. That is a fallacy. The intuos 5 has support up to windows 8.
So forget about the tablet not working, as soon as you get the drivers for the new pc and install them it will work.

You have to say how much you want to spend and then we can start building your pc.
Without that there are too many possibilities, the universe would explode.

Cheers.

bpfeff9677

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013

I would say in the 400 - 500 dollar range. I havee looked at NewEgg and Tiger Direct but like I said so many variables out there. I took the tablet back today, cuz I need to concentrate on building my computer. If I have some left over I will put it towards one. I only do illustrating drawings and photot editing.

P.S thanks for getting back to me.

mpalczew

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
400-500 dollar range is going to be tough. I am a c# programmer and I built a $1300 machine, but I will tell you what parts I feel were worth it.

I got an i7 3770k, I have another computer that is an i5 3550k. If you don't plan on overclocking, you can save money and not get a K part. Overclocking will help your performance tremendously. I believe that a i5 2500k is a very nice part that is overclockable and will do what you need. An i3 will save you $100 but won't be nearly as good.

Motherboard. With the sandy bridge i5 you can get a z68 motherboard they are cheap now.

You should see if you can get an SSD. Development hit's the CPU and hard drive hard. Though usually you won't need that many gigabytes. You might be able to find a crucial m4 128 GB for $100. You can pull the non solid state drive from your old computer for more expansion space. Most of your work should be on the ssd though.

Skimp on the RAM and get 4gb. You can add more later if you want.

You might be able to build this for $600, $500 would really be pushing it.

If this is really your livelihood, then you have to realize that the extra investment in your computer will pay off over time.