  • Nokia
  • Wallpaper
Last response: in Brands
April 7, 2005 9:32:51 PM

Can anyone tell me why the 6230 doesn't put a fram up with the incoming
caller id.

it just writes the text and if the wallpaper on the phone is dark, i can't
tell who it is. any way to change this

Cheers

More about : 6230 incoming calls

Anonymous
April 7, 2005 11:28:28 PM

Charlie wrote:
> Can anyone tell me why the 6230 doesn't put a fram up with the incoming
> caller id.
>
> it just writes the text and if the wallpaper on the phone is dark, i can't
> tell who it is. any way to change this
>
> Cheers

apparently the new firmware fixes this.
April 8, 2005 3:10:04 AM

How do i get that ?

can i install myself with and ir ?

or do i need a nokia shop or something ?

"sgcu" <sgcu@backwards.uk.co.demon.sgcu> wrote in message
news:D 33u4c$gne$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk...

> Charlie wrote:
>> Can anyone tell me why the 6230 doesn't put a fram up with the incoming
>> caller id.
>>
>> it just writes the text and if the wallpaper on the phone is dark, i
>> can't tell who it is. any way to change this
>>
>> Cheers
> apparently the new firmware fixes this.
April 8, 2005 4:34:51 AM

You'll need a Nokia Service Centre.

Latest firmware is 5.28 I believe.

"Charlie" <neil@darlington0161.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> How do i get that ?
>
> can i install myself with and ir ?
>
> or do i need a nokia shop or something ?
>

> "sgcu" <sgcu@backwards.uk.co.demon.sgcu> wrote in message
> news:D 33u4c$gne$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk...
> >

> > Charlie wrote:
> >> Can anyone tell me why the 6230 doesn't put a fram up with the incoming
> >> caller id.
> >>
> >> it just writes the text and if the wallpaper on the phone is dark, i
> >> can't tell who it is. any way to change this
> >>
> >> Cheers
> > apparently the new firmware fixes this.

Anonymous
April 8, 2005 12:51:17 PM

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 00:34:51 +0100, "Kevin I Chapple"
<kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote:

>You'll need a Nokia Service Centre.
>
>Latest firmware is 5.28 I believe.

i've got firmware 5.35 on my 6230. here in the uk.
Anonymous
April 11, 2005 4:20:52 AM

"Eggster".

Guess you have "upped your" software to 5.35. So you know what the
enhancements are??

Cheers

"eggster2k" <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 00:34:51 +0100, "Kevin I Chapple"
> <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote:
>
> >You'll need a Nokia Service Centre.
> >
> >Latest firmware is 5.28 I believe.
>
> i've got firmware 5.35 on my 6230. here in the uk.
Anonymous
April 11, 2005 1:01:42 PM

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 00:20:52 +0100, "Kevin I Chapple"
<kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote:

>"Eggster".
>
>Guess you have "upped your" software to 5.35. So you know what the
>enhancements are??
>
>Cheers

i got it upgraded last weekend at my usual official nokia service
point in York. So far i've noticed the following:

slighty quicker to 'boot up'

even more options to choose from for 'go to' and also right selection
key

when you receive a call the backgroud darkens quite a bit so you can
now see the caller id which was a problem for some people in earlier
firmware versions

services menu now called Web and does allow access to HTML websites,
tested with ebay and several others

other general 'improvements' too

Chris

>"eggster2k" <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 00:34:51 +0100, "Kevin I Chapple"
>> <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote:
>>
>> >You'll need a Nokia Service Centre.
>> >
>> >Latest firmware is 5.28 I believe.
>>
>> i've got firmware 5.35 on my 6230. here in the uk.

Anonymous
July 16, 2005 10:04:19 PM

I can see CallerID just fine but there is never a name displayed. Landline
and wireless both have this problem.

Is this a function of the firmware?

news:D dbk511asl381ene6hi3j7h4k4i2o7hjnj@4ax.com...