dvd-rom reads first cd, doesn't read the next cd

orbz

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
In (win 98se) windows explorer i can only read the first cd. When i eject it and insert another cd, i still see the contents of the first cd. I keep trying to refresh but still the contents of the first cd.

I have 2 harddrives on the primary channel and a <font color=blue>burner</font color=blue> on the <font color=red>secondary master</font color=red> with the <font color=blue>dvd-rom</font color=blue> on the <font color=red>secondary slave</font color=red>.

<i>DMA - Doesn't Mean Anything :wink: </i>

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
does the cd read it, or is it just showing the icon...
you might want to try closing the "my computer" window, take the cdrom out, and then put the cdrom in, and open the "my computer" windows again.
if that doesnt work, then i dont know. that is weird.

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

orbz

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
nope that doesn't work...the only way around is that i try to read the dvd rom with no disc in so a warning pops up telling me no disc, i put a disc in then click retry then it reads.

orbz

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
Aopen DVD9624:
Disconnect - checked
Sync data transfer
Auto insert
Removable
Int 13 unit
Dma

Creative RW101232E
Disconnect - checked
Sync data transfer
Auto insert
Removable
Int 13 unit
Dma - checked

svol

Champion
Try if onle enabling 'Auto insert' and 'DMA' helps. The Disconnect and sync data transfer futures are only for SCSI drives.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

orbz

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
Nope, it doesn't work, maybe just for a couple of cds then the next one woundn't and if i run nero, it would give me a warning telling me the disconnect is disabled.

This is wierd and puzzling...