First time build: Are these parts compatible?

Hello, I am a first time builder, and I want to make a gaming computer that can run games at atleast medium settings.
My budget is at about 700 dollars.
I want to stick to intel CPUs and Intel compatible mobos since I decided to use the intel core i3.
I am not planning to overclock.
My monitor size is 1980x1020
So, here are the parts:

Cooler Master HAF 912 Mid Tower Case

Corsair GS 800, 800W atx PSU

Crucial DDR3 SO-DIMM 4GB RAM

Intel Core i3 CPU

MSI Z77A-g41 Mobo

Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 GPU

Western Digital 500 Gb SATA HDD

Asus DVD writer Optical Drive

Micrsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

So I'm wondering if all these parts are compatible. Any feedback is much appreciated :D
Thank you!
9 answers Last reply
More about first time build parts compatible
  1. Look fine to me. You could save some money and get a smaller psu. Maybe like a 500 or 450 watt would be fine.
  2. christop said:
    Look fine to me. You could save some money and get a smaller psu. Maybe like a 500 or 450 watt would be fine.


    ^+1. This is an understatement :D. You could power three of the system you built with an 800w PSU.

    I reccommend
    Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)

    If you want to game at medium settings @ 1920x1080, I reccommend at least a 650ti or 7770. You could use the money saved on the PSU to strengthen the video card.

    take a look at the $600 build in my sig. It's gone up a bit due to price fluctiations since I designed it, but it's still well under $700 and can run high settings @ 60 fps on nearly every game in existence.

    enjoy!
  3. looks alright,
    since your not planning to overclock you can save few buck getting h77 instead of z77
  4. I can probably do better if you gimme a sec
  5. Also, with the saved money from getting the h77 and the cheaper psu, you could get a 7850 and that would give you the best performance possible
    perhaps this
    http://compare.ebay.com/like/190738902266?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y&bigimg=y
  6. quilciri said:
    ^+1. This is an understatement :D. You could power three of the system you built with an 800w PSU.

    I reccommend
    Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)

    If you want to game at medium settings @ 1920x1080, I reccommend at least a 650ti or 7770. You could use the money saved on the PSU to strengthen the video card.

    take a look at the $600 build in my sig. It's gone up a bit due to price fluctiations since I designed it, but it's still well under $700 and can run high settings @ 60 fps on nearly every game in existence.

    enjoy!


    Thanks, I have changed the PSU to the one you recommended and it saved me about 60 bucks. I also got a 7770 GPU with that money :)
  7. frzlr said:
    looks alright,
    since your not planning to overclock you can save few buck getting h77 instead of z77

    Thanks, I got an Asus h77 mobo instead of the MSI one :D
  8. Didn't like the $600 build in my sig? Even if you want a different case, etc, you can still easily fit an I5-3470 and an HD 7870 under $700. There's no reason to settle for an I3/7770 on that budget.
  9. ^ This. On $700 you should be seeing an i5 in that system.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Compatibility Intel Systems Product