Solved

What are the difference between these,

hi guys, just want to know what the difference are with these, and which of them are bang for the buck..

Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card
PowerColor Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card
Asus HD7850 DC 2gb ddr5 256bit hdmi


please educate me on these :D thanks
17 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what difference these
  1. The ASUS and Gigabytes models are good the other isn't. the cheaper of those two is going to be the best one to buy.
  2. andrewcarr said:
    The ASUS and Gigabytes models are good the other isn't. the cheaper of those two is going to be the best one to buy.


    oh, the only one i can find here is the asus and the powercolor, and powercolor is cheaper in price... almost half of the asus one
  3. http://www.powercolor.com/global/products_features.asp?id=417

    http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4155#sp

    http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/AMD_Series/HD7850DC2T2GD5/#specifications

    There are minor difference in clocks but nothing serious. ASUS are premium brand so its maybe a bit more expensive. I think you should buy the cheapest. There will be amlost no diff. Choise is yours!
  4. jagdtiger12cm said:
    http://www.powercolor.com/global/products_features.asp?id=417

    http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4155#sp

    http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/AMD_Series/HD7850DC2T2GD5/#specifications

    There are minor difference in clocks but nothing serious. ASUS are premium brand so its maybe a bit more expensive. I think you should buy the cheapest. There will be amlost no diff. Choise is yours!



    OH,, okay2,, THANKS!!!
  5. I ALSO want to add,, if i were to choose another video card, what could it be? any suggestions?
  6. The Nvidia equivelent to a AMD 7850 is their GTX 660 (non Ti).

    But the 7850 is cheaper, in the US at least.

    As for which card to get, although I normally don't recommend it, if the powercolor is that much cheaper than the ASUS that's the card to get.
  7. mmkelmm said:
    I ALSO want to add,, if i were to choose another video card, what could it be? any suggestions?


    GTX660. It will deliver much smoother (and more consistently smooth performance). Take a look at the third post:

    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/382156-15-nvidia

    They're a notch up from what you're looking at, but the architectures are very similar - results will apply.
  8. sam_p_lay said:
    GTX660. It will deliver much smoother (and more consistently smooth performance). Take a look at the third post:

    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/382156-15-nvidia

    They're a notch up from what you're looking at, but the architectures are very similar - results will apply.



    Ok2.. looking on to what we got here this is what i can get,
    EVGA GTX660 SC 1GB DDR5 192BIT HDMI
    is this better than the hd7850?
  9. A lot better :-) whether you're looking at frames/second or frame latency, it will be far superior. Double check that memory though - should be 2GB. Also what country are you in? EVGA offer a three year warranty here, extended to five or ten years if you register your details with them. Worth keeping in mind!
  10. im from philippines, oh and yeah, its 2gb, i dont know why the site messed up on that :D
  11. Asus HD7850
  12. mmkelmm said:
    im from philippines, oh and yeah, its 2gb, i dont know why the site messed up on that :D


    Haha it's surprising how little some business know about the products they sell! I'm relieved it's a mistake - a 1GB version of the GTX660 is not something we want to see. Much better to stick at 2GB.
  13. regina_49 said:
    Asus HD7850



    id like to get the asus hd7850, these are their price here

    Php 11,200.00 - EVGA GTX660 SC 2gb

    Php 12,400.00 - Asus hd7850 2gb


    if their performance are the same then il get the evga and i could use the extra money for something else.
    would that be a logical move to do? or should i just get the asus directly
  14. Best answer
    Definitely the GTX660. Nobody can deny it's faster in frames/second, and in frame latency it'll be even faster still. It's a far superior card and costs more than the 7850 in most countries. The fact you can buy one for cheaper... go for it :-)
  15. sam_p_lay said:
    Definitely the GTX660. Nobody can deny it's faster in frames/second, and in frame latency it'll be even faster still. It's a far superior card and costs more than the 7850 in most countries. The fact you can buy one for cheaper... go for it :-)


    okay2 :D thanks for the help! :D im gonna get that one :D
  16. Best answer selected by mmkelmm.
  17. mmkelmm said:
    okay2 :D thanks for the help! :D im gonna get that one :D


    Good choice! :-) Have fun with your purchase!
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Video HD Radeon Graphics