6310i no sms delivery reports

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
April 7, 2005 6:19:46 PM

Hi all,

Can someone please tell me how to get delivery reports enabled on the
Nokia 6310i? Software version 5.22.

Messages -> Message Settings -> Sending Profile -> Default profile
option leads only to i. Use GPRS, ii. msg centre number iii. default
recipient number and nothing else!

Thanks in advance,
Russ.
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 4:53:38 AM

Depends - some networks don't allow it - some require special codes in
the SMS.

For example, O2 in the UK - it doesn't matter what you tell the 'phone
to do - you have to type *0# before the message to get a report - for
example:

*0# This is a test

.... will give you a delivery report when delivered. I put a space
after the # but am not sure if this space is really needed.

I don't know if other networks use different codes worldwide - but you
could give it a try, send it to a friend and see what happens!

Casper

On 7 Apr 2005 14:19:46 -0700, russell.martin@gmail.com (Russell
Martin) wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Can someone please tell me how to get delivery reports enabled on the
>Nokia 6310i? Software version 5.22.
>
>Messages -> Message Settings -> Sending Profile -> Default profile
>option leads only to i. Use GPRS, ii. msg centre number iii. default
>recipient number and nothing else!
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Russ.
April 8, 2005 5:10:11 AM

Martin) wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Can someone please tell me how to get delivery reports enabled on the
>Nokia 6310i? Software version 5.22.
>
>Messages -> Message Settings -> Sending Profile -> Default profile
>option leads only to i. Use GPRS, ii. msg centre number iii. default
>recipient number and nothing else!
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Russ.

Its network dependant anyway, not all networks allow it, on mine it is
in the settings you mentioned

--
arjftebhc@jryfutbi.pb.hx<--ROT13 it
Spam Trap in Header

Freedom isn't FREE
GHPOTHUF #69

http://borg.no-ip.com
Related resources
April 8, 2005 9:13:44 AM

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 01:10:11 +0100, BORG <borg@deadspam.com> wrote:

>On 7 Apr 2005 14:19:46 -0700, russell.martin@gmail.com (Russell
>Martin) wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>Can someone please tell me how to get delivery reports enabled on the
>>Nokia 6310i? Software version 5.22.
>>
>>Messages -> Message Settings -> Sending Profile -> Default profile
>>option leads only to i. Use GPRS, ii. msg centre number iii. default
>>recipient number and nothing else!
>>
>>Thanks in advance,
>>Russ.
>

>Its network dependant anyway, not all networks allow it, on mine it is
>in the settings you mentioned

Also a trick I learned which works a lot of the time is to take a SIM
from a network that does permit it and enable delivery reports with
that SIM. Take that SIM out and put in the SIM from your regular
network and reports will be enabled even on the network that doesn't
"support" it.

April 9, 2005 8:13:41 PM

Casper wrote:

> *0# This is a test
>
> ... will give you a delivery report when delivered. I put a space
> after the # but am not sure if this space is really needed.

Try it. Anyway, KPN in The Netherlands uses the same system, and removing
the space is no problem (1 extra char to type). The *0# will not show at
the receiving end.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers // Physics and science fiction site:
johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl // http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html