Sign in with
Your question

Will it work?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 12, 2012 2:00:15 PM

So not going to lie im pretty new to computers, I recently purchased a Cyberpower PC that I believe I got a pretty good deal on, at the black friday sale...my only issue so far is that the video card is horrible, and i only have room on this mother board for one card, even then im loosing one of the other slots...so what im thinking about buying since i can only have one video card is

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I apologize if that link doesnt work but its a evga gtx 670, which is seriously pushing my budget but i want to be able to easily run the games i play and will play in the future..easy stuff such as WoW, world of tanks, planet side 2, and i plan on playing mechwarrior online when it releases. My question is because i very new to advanced computer use and building, will i run into any problems with what i have or is there anything else i should upgrade first??? im fairly confident the video card should meet my needs for awhile until i buy a new motherboard and can run 2 or more cards..thank you very much for your insight..im just looking for any potential pitfalls before i spend 400 dollars on a video card.

my system specs follow...

CyberPower Inc. MS-7798 1.0

Windows 8 (x64) (build 9200)
3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i5-3570K
Board: B75MA-P45 (MS-7798) 1.0
Hitachi HDS721010DLE630 [Hard drive] (1000.20 GB
8126 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory...brand???
NVIDIA GeForce GT 620
AZZA ATX mid tower case

if there is anything i forgot or a question format i didnt follow please let me know and i will fix it...thank you again

More about : work

a b U Graphics card
December 12, 2012 2:12:07 PM

Hi, here is 3 things you have to check out:
- your motherboard must have a pci-e x16 slot which im almost sure it will)
- your power supply unit to meet the requeriments of that card i think its about 500w-550w (according to nvidia website).
-you need plenty of space inside your case card is about 10-10.5" long.

And yeah that card its a beast it will shred the games you mentioned to pieces.
m
l
!